• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm getting to the point where I need some ramps when I need to haul my Indian or riding mower. I've seen a ton of different ones on sale around the stores and on Amazon. Some are 100+ dollars while others are significantly more. Does anyone have any recommendations on something that will last me a long time? I prefer to buy something once and use it forever. I feel like aluminum might be a good option for weight reduction since my back and neck are bad but I don't know how they will hold up over 10+ years.
    Venture Surplus ad

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Back in the day when you had to use a 2x12 board. We'd back the truck up in the bar ditch that was out in front of the house. The ditch was deep enough to where the tailgate was about 4" off the ground with the cables attached. Unhook the tailgate cables and the gate would touch the ground. Fairly easy to load a dirt bike or a riding lawn mower. Loaded a riding lawnmower a lot.

Now people want to buy a ramp and push whatever 4' up in the air to get it in the truck.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    If you are going to use them to load a big mtc make sure they are arched. If not with the high PU beds when the front wheel goes onto the tailgate/bed gap area the bottom of the bike will high center on the ramp/tailgate connection. Not good when it's stuck there and you have no place to put your feet.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Thanks for the link, I'll do a bit more research but if those are holding up to quads and other items, my John Deere and Indian shouldn't be a problem.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Aluminum ramps from Harbor Freight. I spent around $120 eight years ago. It's like they are still new.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah I do need a trailer at some point but then I need to get tags for it and I won't use it nearly as much to warrant a 2500+ dollar purchase right now.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    The good old East Texas tandem axle ones can be had for $1k, look around.

I believe if you live in East Texas and don't have one they will kick you out. They're like fleas on a old hound dog.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wow....the Polaris is 606 poUnds. I was going to suggest a motorcycle carrier. The rack that go's into the receiver hitch. But it's only rated for 600#.

Heavy bike.

Top Bottom