• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Lighter weight trailers do not have to be inspected. They remodified the law to exclude light trailers effective this year. I think that the inspect-or-not point is GVW of 7000# and/or maybe the presence of trailer brakes. So....
    Military Camp

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    080AA8A7-A32D-4C6C-AEAF-1A8728E7D93A.jpeg
    For what you are doing a $600 jobby will work.

Of course a trailer is like a gun safe. Never big enough.

I used to think there was no such thing as too much trailer. This trailer changed my opinion.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    View attachment 142575

I used to think there was no such thing as too much trailer. This trailer changed my opinion.
    I pulled a 24' cargo trailer for years. Parking was the biggest issue but maneuvering a job site was also a pain.

I looked at them again but went for the 20' this time.

Still too big in parking lots and jobs but too small on the jobsite. All in all I think it is the best compromise.

The dealer had identical trailers in 18', 20', and 24' all within a couple hundred dollars of each other so price wasn't a concern.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I pulled a 24' cargo trailer for years. Parking was the biggest issue but maneuvering a job site was also a pain.

I looked at them again but went for the 20' this time.

Still too big in parking lots and jobs but too small on the jobsite. All in all I think it is the best compromise.

The dealer had identical trailers in 18', 20', and 24' all within a couple hundred dollars of each other so price wasn't a concern.
    This one’s inside measurements are 28’ X 8’. Add the tongue and it’s almost 32’ long. It’s not the longest, biggest, or heaviest trailer I ever pulled with a pickup, but it’s certainly the most awkward. When empty it gets pulled toward passing trucks. And obviously you can’t see behind it.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Sam's Club has a cheap trailer for sale for about 1300 bucks with wood flooring. It would hold what I need it to hold. If the law did change, I could do with that and have what I need. I'll take a look at it again this weekend. But ramps take less space and is why I asked about them initially.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Have you ever used ramps? If you're loading it by yourself. You're gonna have ride up the ramp by your lonesome. If someone helps you. You both have to push 600# up a ramp that's about 3' in the air. Maintaining the upright position of the bike so it doesn't bash the hell out of the bed sides. Or end up tearing the Hades out the bike tank....or crashing into the rear of the truck cab....or dropping the bike.

The cost of the trailer is going to be cheaper then trying to bang a cruiser motorcycle up a skinny ramp.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Sam's Club has a cheap trailer for sale for about 1300 bucks with wood flooring. It would hold what I need it to hold. If the law did change, I could do with that and have what I need. I'll take a look at it again this weekend. But ramps take less space and is why I asked about them initially.

Tractor supply has a 5x8 mesh trailer on sale for 699 right now

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Imagine you've got the cruiser in the back of the Toyota. Strapped down and ready to go. You rode it up the ramp without crushing yourself.

Now how in the hell are you gonna get it out? Coast it backwards on the ramp? 600# freeballin down...

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Lowe’s has a 6 X 12 trailer with a tall tailgate that makes a good loading ramp for $1,100.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

Trailers under 4500 lbs were exempt from inspection. It has been raised to 7000 lbs

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    But if you go with this:
    ramp trailer.jpg
    be advised that the folded up ramp moves forward & back on the highway & will beat the sh&$t out of your bike tail light - or it did mine. Requires add-on padding.

Top Bottom