• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    I'm pretty sure in the other thread that it's been determined that makes zero difference.
    It is below 120 oz, has no brace or buttstock (just 6 inch tube!), trigger 'length of pull' well below 13.5 inches, iron sights.

By their rules.. it's a pistol. So yea, it does make a difference.

If later SCOTUS rules the ATF is full of it* I can always get another brace (if I want one) and reinstall, scope, or whatever.... do note that if you take off the brace and NOT GET RID OF IT then by 'constructive possession' you may still be in violation.**

* This rule also comes only two weeks after the en banc Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals invalidated another ATF rule that attempted to treat bump fire stocks as machine guns.

**ATF says that the brace must be altered or destroyed so that it simply cannot be reinstalled.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Man I have an IDEA (stuck at home in this freeze)!!!

Now I have off set fixed BUIS on my APF-15. No optics desired or needed. I also have sitting here a high Glock front and back tritium night sight that came with my Glock 48 (which I replaced with a normal height set of sights.)

Ok, now maybe take the BUIS off, have a gun smith drill a hole on the front BUIS to accept that Glock front sight (counterboring the inside so it takes the Glock screw) and the rear BUIS make a dovetail to take the rear Glock sight.

Might have to file the bottom of the rear Glock sight to get it to align to 25 yards.

That way, normal strait up sights as well as the offset AR style sights. Set the Glock sights for 25 yards and the BUIS for 75 (deer hunting!)

And still below 120 oz.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Ok guys... I got a set of cz scorpion evo 3 sights... yes pistol sights for my pistol!

Outstanding sights!!!!

1675987255434.png

1675987346143.png

No, these are not the 'airsoft' sights... but real CZs made for the CZ Scorpion evo 3.

Not cheap but... I love that 4 position rear sight!!

Might add a night sight front post.

So now there is not one thing 'rifle' about my 'pistol'!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom