• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I saw that, but I still don't like it. Just like going to a restaurant and having to leave it in the truck. When I was in WA I worked at a dealership where I was told it'd be best if I kept concealed carry in my truck. Not exactly where I'd like to leave my firearm unattended. As a young female that often took test drives alone with strangers in rural areas, I took my ccw along for my protection and I wasn't about to give that up because it might make someone uncomfortable if they knew. Seems to me it defeats the whole purpose.

But, in the big picture, its a good step in the right direction for FL.

Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    I saw that, but I still don't like it. Just like going to a restaurant and having to leave it in the truck. When I was in WA I worked at a dealership where I was told it'd be best if I kept concealed carry in my truck. Not exactly where I'd like to leave my firearm unattended. As a young female that often took test drives alone with strangers in rural areas, I took my ccw along for my protection and I wasn't about to give that up because it might make someone uncomfortable if they knew. Seems to me it defeats the whole purpose.

But, in the big picture, its a good step in the right direction for FL.

well atleast it's a step in the right direction. Like with city/state employees, who are not allowed to have a weapon in their vehicle, leaving them completely open when traveling to and from work.

Why is Texas always playing catchup with gun legislation?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Why is Texas always playing catchup with gun legislation?

That's a very good question.

I had a gentleman see the opencarry.org link in my leather worker forum. He sent me a PM and part of what he said was he was surprised to see that TX was not OC. I think that can be credited to the overall image non-Texans equate with Texas. After all Texas is big and wild (and flat) with 4x4s driven by cowboys and who love guns...so naturally, they just expect that guns roam free and open <sigh> :o

I would like to see TX set the pace for a change. Instead of giving a tool too much credit, they need to start giving hard-working, honest, good people the credit they've earned.

Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    That's a very good question.
    After all Texas is big and wild (and flat) with 4x4s driven by cowboys and who love guns...so naturally, they just expect that guns roam free and open <sigh> :o

I know, I was just watching an episode of family guy where the Griffins seek refuge in Texas, Brian stops at a convenience store for a coke and is surprised when he is handed a free gun with his purchase as per Texan law (according to Seth Macfarlane). All I could think was "pfft... I wish"

Although next to Alaska, theres not many laws we can set to raise the bar. But I'm no lawyer and new to this gun legislation thing so maybe someone has some radical freedom oriented law proposition I've yet to hear about.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I know, I was just watching an episode of family guy where the Griffins seek refuge in Texas, Brian stops at a convenience store for a coke and is surprised when he is handed a free gun with his purchase as per Texan law (according to Seth Macfarlane). All I could think was "pfft... I wish"

Hell I knew bars in southeast asia that if you didn't have one, would loan you a gun when you went in. Some were in Saigon and one in Bangkok

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I work for the knee-jerk federal gov't so I can't even have one in my vehicle when at work. Everybody knows when I'm going hunting because I have to park off property.

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    I work in a Foreign Trade Zone. So I am not allowed to defend myself at work, only criminals can have a gun there, along with horrible rent-a-cop security guards that can't hit the broad side of a barn

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Holy hell! How did you even find this thread? It should have been lost in the sys jack/crash.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I work in a Foreign Trade Zone. So I am not allowed to defend myself at work, only criminals can have a gun there, along with horrible rent-a-cop security guards that can't hit the broad side of a barn
    Necro post winner.

My new job doesn't want me to carry in the office. It's really helpful because before Texas had the CHL permits, no one was shot at my job, so since the company bans them in the office no one has been shot. You know guns in an office just start going off because we're not cops.

Pawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2014
    Boy Scouts of America employee's are not allowed to carry firearms or knives anywhere on BSA property.. So my son can carry his Boy Scouts Knife but I can't in my own office or at any of our camps..

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Boy Scouts of America employee's are not allowed to carry firearms or knives anywhere on BSA property.. So my son can carry his Boy Scouts Knife but I can't in my own office or at any of our camps..

Damn

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    First page is a glimps back. Legislation wise.
    Face it. Texas has some of the highest population metro areas in the country. We're not going to "lead the way" on pro gun laws.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Do they even have a shooting merit badge anymore? If not, Lord Baden Powell is rolling in his grave.

Top Bottom