TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No, just breaking even is fine.

Yes, and?
    Sorry, in reality, it would only work that way if you were given the ammo for free. Even so, did you sell the 2 boxes of ammo for $50 plus?

You might have "exchanged" ammo you had for the price of the class, but you aren't factoring in the money you paid for the ammo.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sorry, in reality, it would only work that way if you were given the ammo for free. Even so, did you sell the 2 boxes of ammo for $50 plus?

You might have "exchanged" ammo you had for the price of the class, but you aren't factoring in the money you paid for the ammo.
    1670176776163.png

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

Your new German boyfriend is rubbing off on you.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Of the failures, what's the breakdown on cause? How many flunk due to poor accuracy vs. safety violations?

I find it difficult to grasp how anyone can fail but that's probably a failure of my imagination. :)
    Once I thought I made a mistake but I was mistaken.

platoon2063

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    waco
    Well it was a success. Class of 8 (4 males, 4 females) with two shooters that had never fired a firearm of any kind. Class instructor was thorough. Two RSO's from the gun club (I'm a member there) helped during the shooting portion. Overall, I'm an experienced shooter (long guns) so, they ask that I shoot next to the former LEO so they could put more focus on the end where the newbies were shooting.

I hit all 5's from 3,7 yards. However, I definitely need to work on my long distance shooting with my handguns. Hit 4's with a couple of 3's from the 15 yrd mark. Missed one question on the written exam. I used my 43x to qualify with however, I also own a P365 so will alternate between the two as far as actual on person carry probably.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Well it was a success. Class of 8 (4 males, 4 females) with two shooters that had never fired a firearm of any kind. Class instructor was thorough. Two RSO's from the gun club (I'm a member there) helped during the shooting portion. Overall, I'm an experienced shooter (long guns) so, they ask that I shoot next to the former LEO so they could put more focus on the end where the newbies were shooting.

I hit all 5's from 3,7 yards. However, I definitely need to work on my long distance shooting with my handguns. Hit 4's with a couple of 3's from the 15 yrd mark. Missed one question on the written exam. I used my 43x to qualify with however, I also own a P365 so will alternate between the two as far as actual on person carry probably.
    It's good to take the class and know some of the laws. People with constitutional carry just buy a gun with no clue.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It's good to take the class and know some of the laws. People with constitutional carry just buy a gun with no clue.

You’d be surprised; I’d say both groups end up having a similar working knowledge of the pertinent statutes.

I’m curious what was covered re: 51% signs. Most every LTC instructor I’ve talked to hasn’t updated their courseware to reflect a significant change in the law over a year ago.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    You’d be surprised; I’d say both groups end up having a similar working knowledge of the pertinent statutes.

I’m curious what was covered re: 51% signs. Most every LTC instructor I’ve talked to hasn’t updated their courseware to reflect a significant change in the law over a year ago.
    I interact with the County Mounty's in Cass and Morris County. They are vaguely aware of the changes, but a long way for what should be a working knowledge. The Omaha and Naples City Police don't concern themselves with anything so mundane as the pertinent statutes. Anything serious is handled by the State Troopers, and our local is quite current, as he is required to attend / watch CLE courses.
    Are the LTC instructors required to attend, learn, update, in an effort to keep current?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I interact with the County Mounty's in Cass and Morris County. They are vaguely aware of the changes, but a long way for what should be a working knowledge. The Omaha and Naples City Police don't concern themselves with anything so mundane as the pertinent statutes. Anything serious is handled by the State Troopers, and our local is quite current, as he is required to attend / watch CLE courses.
    Are the LTC instructors required to attend, learn, update, in an effort to keep current?
    Yes

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom