• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Now, we could pass a law at the state level requireing sheriffs to sign within 10 days

This is probably the way we are going to have to go. We need TN like law to require signing. Unfortunately it is almost 2 years out from happening, under best circumstances.
    DK Firearms

Bacon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Leander
    Now, we could pass a law at the state level requireing sheriffs to sign within 10 days
    I had this idea yesterday. However, I don't know any legislators who could write this up. I don't like the idea of someone like Art Acevedo having the power to veto the 2nd Amendment in a local level.

Philcam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    The goal is to avoid the need for more laws

Agreed. Or we could ask Perry to write an E.O. of his own instructing Texas DPS Director Steve McCraw to sign off. The head of the state police is considered a CLEO by the ATF.

Of course I realize this is a day dream and would be an administrative nightmare for DPS.

Which brings me to my second point. More federal laws / regs etc that require the director or head of an agency to do something usually read "the director or their designated official." So even a pro NFA sheriff can't say "I don't have time to sign all these requests but I will instruct my chief deputy to sign on my behalf."

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I submitted my comment with updated talking points. Still don't like they require so much personal info but what the hell, with my NFA items Im sure they already know about me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom