• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Just aquired one of these for fixing a truck for a side job and don't know anything about them its a .22 revolver that also has a .22 mag cylinder its old just trying to decide if its worth keeping.

CowDog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    South of Iowa Park
    There's one in every crowd that doesn't have the information you ask for, but answers anyway. Today, I guess that's me.

Since the barrel is bored for the larger .22 magnum bullet, you will probably find that the pistol is more accurate with the magnum cylinder and ammunition. May I suggest buying a couple of different brands and going out and answer the question of whether it is accurate enough to please you?

If you're satisfied with the accuracy, shoot the heck out of it and see if it's reliable enough for you. I don't know the reputation of Tanfoglio, but even Taurus produces an occasional pistol that is reliable and accurate.

cd

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Since the barrel is bored for the larger .22 magnum bullet, you will probably find that the pistol is more accurate with the magnum cylinder and ammunition. May I suggest buying a couple of different brands and going out and answer the question of whether it is accurate enough to please you?

.22 Magnum (.22WMR) uses the same .22 caliber bullet as .22LR (0.224" bullet diameter). The main physical differences between the two are the much longer case, greater casing diameter, and slight neck on the .22WMR casing.

Assuming the use of quality ammo, .22LR and .22WMR ammunition should be equally accurate.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    i understand all that i just can't find alot about the actual revolver itself they don't list it on their website

CowDog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    South of Iowa Park
    Originally posted by idleprocess............ quote: .22 Magnum (.22WMR) uses the same .22 caliber bullet as .22LR (0.224" bullet diameter). The main physical differences between the two are the much longer case, greater casing diameter, and slight neck on the .22WMR casing. unquote

I remember long time complaints about Single Sixes being inaccurate with regular .22RF ammunition. This was explained in the (then reliable) gun press as being due to the different bullet diameters. It is dangerous to try to push a .22WMRF down a regular .22RF barrel. This is the reason (plus the differing head diameters) you cannot simply drill out a .22LR chamber to a .22WMRF, and be on your way. As you can see, the case is straight sided also. Here is one reference on differing diameters for .22LR and .22WMRF from Chuck Hawks website.....

The standard .22 rimfire cartridges are the .22 BB, .22 CB, .22 Short, .22 Long and .22 Long Rifle (LR). Although the cases differ in length, all can be fired in a LR chamber. Rifles and pistols for all of these cartridges have an actual bore diameter of about .218 inch. The groove diameter (and the bullet diameter) is about .222 inch. .22 Rimfire Cartridges

Unlike the previous .22 Long Rifle, the Magnum is based on a longer (1.052") and fatter case. And the bullet is a full .224" diameter, like modern centerfire .22 bullets. In form, the .22 WMR case remains a straight sided, rimfire type with a cartridge overall length (COL) of approximately 1.350". The maximum chamber pressure is around 25,600 psi. Comparison: .17 HMR, 5mm Rem. RF Mag, and .22 WMR

Dee, I apologize for the deviation from your original question.

cd
    edited in an attempt to correct and improve on my poor skill with this system

CowDog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    South of Iowa Park
    A pitifully small amount of information.......

The Tanfoglio .22 revolver was imported by a company called Excam, which folded in the early 1990s. This is why information is hard to find. Numrich Arms/Numrich Gun Parts Corp. bought up the remaining parts. There are quite a few internet hits by folks looking for parts.

The only reference I can find with some relevance to your question is the following address. http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/general-handgun/23634-tanfoglio.html

My friends who have owned Single Sixes have the same experience as you. All have good accuracy with both rounds.

Good luck in your search.

cd

Top Bottom