• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Now, I tend to never trust anything coming from CBS, but it there's ANY truth in this story, it could get interesting:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oil-ta...ount-of-gulf-of-oman-attack-today-2019-06-14/
    Questions it left me with:
    * Do owners usually travel on these tankers? I know they have a captain; why is the owner necessary?
    * He saw "flying objects" and thought they might be bullets???? Seems like they must be a bit undercharged if he can see them?
    * Could it be a "false flag" situation to escalate tensions in the gulf/strait?
    Military Camp

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ll just leave this here:

https://www.centcom.mil/MEDIA/VIDEO-AND-IMAGERY/VIDEOS/videoid/689676/

dabcaf9c201cabab4569d22231337372.jpg

Attachments

• dabcaf9c201cabab4569d22231337372.jpg
      dabcaf9c201cabab4569d22231337372.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 687

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The above video with other intell links it back to Iran.

Let's not start with the tin foil under the socks stuff.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Now, I tend to never trust anything coming from CBS, but it there's ANY truth in this story, it could get interesting:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oil-ta...ount-of-gulf-of-oman-attack-today-2019-06-14/
    Questions it left me with:
    * Do owners usually travel on these tankers? I know they have a captain; why is the owner necessary?
    * He saw "flying objects" and thought they might be bullets???? Seems like they must be a bit undercharged if he can see them?
    * Could it be a "false flag" situation to escalate tensions in the gulf/strait?

The owner was not on the vessel. He is merely reporting what some of the ship's crew reportedly said.

As you point out, kind of hard to see a bullet flying by, isn't it?

Iran may well have intentionally placed the limpet mines above the waterline. Wants to send a message, but not potentially block waterways that Iran also needs.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What is your take on this tnj?
    That boat appears to be military. Iranian?
    Were they placing a mine on the hull of the ship?
    Could this be some insurance scam thing?

Seriously doubt it is an insurance scam. A claim like this would drive their rates way up for the future.

The patrol boat was Iranian.

They were removing what must have been a dud limpet mine.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Seriously doubt it is an insurance scam. A claim like this would drive their rates way up for the future.

The patrol boat was Iranian.

They were removing what must have been a dud limpet mine.
    Other possible explanations?
    I read that crude oil prices jumped 4% after these attacks. Previously, the prices had been slipping. And they remain well below what the OPEC countries would like to see.
    I do believe that Iran is suffering from the sanctions applied by the US and other countries. I think that they tend to lash out when they are in pain.
    A lot to consider...and I agree that we need to keep an eye on them in any case.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What is your take on this tnj?
    That boat appears to be military. Iranian?
    Were they placing a mine on the hull of the ship?
    Could this be some insurance scam thing?

I’ll try to answer in order

My take: The IRGC is controlled by the Supreme Leader and conducts operations separate from the military. It’s not unusual for IRGC ops to be kept secret from the political leadership. While it allows a certain deniability, it also allows actions to occur that may not be sanctioned by the Supreme Leader, as well.

The boat: I don’t know jack about the IRGC fleet and will defer to CENTCOM’s assessment that it’s Iranian.

Placing a mine? It appears they are removing an object. In other imagery, I’ve seen the other vessel in port with an assessed unexploded limpet mine attached to the hull, above the water line.

Insurance scam? Highly doubtful. That whole act of war exclusion plus the vessel may be self-insured with the payload insured or bonded separately.

rexster314

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Let's not forget the Israelis in this mix. They won't allow any nukes in Iran either. It may come to the point where they do something, regardless of what the rest of the world thinks

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If Iran shot a nuke at anyone, they wouldnt exist anymore. Use your brain

Whoever Iran shot the nuke at sure would not exist anymore. Your stand would be of great comfort to those who were incinerated. Those folks would not care that Iran was later turned into a glass parking lot.

And people like you would not want the US to respond with nukes should Saudi (for example) get zapped, and Saudi cannot retaliate in kind. Heck, I don't have complete faith that the US would respond with nukes should Iran nuke a US target.

Use your brain for cogent thought and think a little further down the road.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom