• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Limpet mines don't work that way. They're attached by divers/saboteurs and they don't float. For sinking a ship, several are attached under the waterline. For making a statement and sowing intimidation without getting into a shooting war you can't possibly win, you might attach one a couple of feet above the waterline to cause damage without actually sinking anything.

Drop it in front and you'll have an explosive device lying in the mud on the bottom of the waterway, safely away from any and all boat hulls as the target sails blissfully away.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sooooo we should just kill a few thousand more Americans to save some other country that doesn't give a shit about us? Are you going to be fighting in the next war?

Its nothing more than posturing. If you want to go die for some other country, go for it.

So you are fine with Houston disappearing in a mushroom cloud? Iran could launch on us just as well as at any other country.

{Well, maybe I should have picked a better example.}

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I’ve watched this vid several times and a few things keep bugging me.

Why is the quality of the video so horrible?

Did anyone actually see a mine?

Since when do naval mines attack that high on a ships hull?

And why does the vid start so late in the event? Reminds me of vids showing some innocent fella getting beat up only to find out that there is 5 minutes of the innocent fella talking shit before he gets his ass whooped that accidentally got cut out. Not saying anyone was talking shit, just saying it’s odd that with such damning evidence the vid starts at the halfway point.

As I said earlier, placing limpet mines (submersible mines were not used in any of the recent attacks, they have all been limpet mines) above the waterline can well be deliberate. Intimidate but not obstruct a water way. And as another poster pointed out, limpet mines are manually attached.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    So you are fine with Houston disappearing in a mushroom cloud? Iran could launch on us just as well as at any other country.

{Well, maybe I should have picked a better example.}
    Once again, that makes absolutely no sense. The government of iran isnt going to launch a nuke at anyone. I dont even know how anyone could rationalize that in their mind. The people who run Iran are supposedly crazy, so why haven't they done any "we dont give a shit, come nuke us" type attacks like you are proposing? Same reason why North Korea doesn't do it. They know that they wouldn't exist anymore and I guess they figured its better to be alive than erased from history.

So yea I would be more than fine with having a miniscule chance of some nuclear holocaust then sending my children off to die so israel or whatever country that doesnt give a shit about me can sleep better at night. Like I said, you want to vote to start another war, you should be holding a rifle and a pack. If not, you are just as bad as the politicians we rant about all day on this thing

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If only the world were so simple.

Just a few point to contemplate. Making no suggestion of any action.

If the norks have nukes, basically ww2 era A bombs on top of limited range ICBMs, then so does Iran. You are ignorant if you think otherwise due to their relationship.

Study the 13th Imam subject as well as Islamic history before infering what those nut jobs may or may not do. There are plenty of those wak jobs who think that two nukes, one for Israel and one for the U.S.would clense the world in fire and bring their paradise on earth. They would do it in a second. Are they in power now?

The Norks and Iran share access to naval bases not very far from Texas where their subs routinely show up thanks to Obama ignoring the Monroe Doctrine. I'm not talking cuba.

America could say, call us when the Trinitite cools and we will sell who Ever is left enough oil to start rebuilding. We now have the largest oil deposits on earth so why not take advantage.

Act or dont? Very bad sheit could happen either way. We could destroy every naval vessel airplane and offensive weapon site very quickly without putting may Americans in harm's way. We could also say you guys work out you problems amongst yourselves we dont need your oil anymore.

If we just let the Shia and Sunnis solve this BS once an for all what's so bad about that.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If only the world were so simple.

Just a few point to contemplate. Making no suggestion of any action.

If the norks have nukes, basically ww2 era A bombs on top of limited range ICBMs, then so does Iran. You are ignorant if you think otherwise due to their relationship.

Study the 13th Imam subject as well as Islamic history before infering what those nut jobs may or may not do. There are plenty of those wak jobs who think that two nukes, one for Israel and one for the U.S.would clense the world in fire and bring their paradise on earth. They would do it in a second. Are they in power now?

The Norks and Iran share access to naval bases not very far from Texas where their subs routinely show up thanks to Obama ignoring the Monroe Doctrine. I'm not talking cuba.

America could say, call us when the Trinitite cools and we will sell who Ever is left enough oil to start rebuilding. We now have the largest oil deposits on earth so why not take advantage.

Act or dont? Very bad sheit could happen either way. We could destroy every naval vessel airplane and offensive weapon site very quickly without putting may Americans in harm's way. We could also say you guys work out you problems amongst yourselves we dont need your oil anymore.

If we just let the Shia and Sunnis solve this BS once an for all what's so bad about that.
    Thing is, how often have you heard of the leaders of these zealots willing to strap a bomb to themselves? They aren't out to have the annihilation of their country as their legacy.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thing is, how often have you heard of the leaders of these zealots willing to strap a bomb to themselves? They aren't out to have the annihilation of their country as their legacy.
    Yep that's why they like nukes. That said the 13th imam folks would gladly allow the destruction of their own country the same way and for the same reason other tards blow themselves up. Paradise virgins Muslim rule and sheit.

There is one simple rule dealing with religious Extremists.

YOU CAN NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OR NEGOTIATE WITH RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS. YOU CAN ONLY KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU. This is an undeniable fact. I dont care who the Extremists are, Mormons, Catholics, Christians etc. When they decide to convert or kill or that they must crusade and kill to bring on whatever wet dream they are indulging in you must kill them first or submit and die. There is no coexistence with people once they basically go insane. Every religion in the world has had examples of this. The lesson is clear.

So the only question is...Who exactly are we dealing with here?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Once again, that makes absolutely no sense. The government of iran isnt going to launch a nuke at anyone. I dont even know how anyone could rationalize that in their mind. The people who run Iran are supposedly crazy, so why haven't they done any "we dont give a shit, come nuke us" type attacks like you are proposing? Same reason why North Korea doesn't do it. They know that they wouldn't exist anymore and I guess they figured its better to be alive than erased from history.

So yea I would be more than fine with having a miniscule chance of some nuclear holocaust then sending my children off to die so israel or whatever country that doesnt give a shit about me can sleep better at night. Like I said, you want to vote to start another war, you should be holding a rifle and a pack. If not, you are just as bad as the politicians we rant about all day on this thing

And since did radical Islam make sense??

Why have they not launched a nuke yet? Well for one reason they have not quite reached the operational weapon stage.

Kim is nuttier than a fruitcake. I don't put anything past him.

You are assuming that everyone in the world is rational and has sense - aligned with your definitions of these terms. And that is a big mistake.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yep that's why they like nukes. That said the 13th imam folks would gladly allow the destruction of their own country the same way and for the same reason other tards blow themselves up. Paradise virgins Muslim rule and sheit.

There is one simple rule dealing with religious Extremists.

YOU CAN NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OR NEGOTIATE WITH RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS. YOU CAN ONLY KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU. This is an undeniable fact. I dont care who the Extremists are, Mormons, Catholics, Christians etc. When they decide to convert or kill or that they must crusade and kill to bring on whatever wet dream they are indulging in you must kill them first or submit and die. There is no coexistence with people once they basically go insane. Every religion in the world has had examples of this. The lesson is clear.

So the only question is...Who exactly are we dealing with here?
    I don't think so, they don't mind killing off their own people, but it's different for themselves.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I don't think so, they don't mind killing off their own people, but it's different for themselves.
    Your wrong about those people but that's ok. It's the major failure when dealing with the religiously insane. Once they become that you cant even evaluate and deal with them with any reference or experience you have. A complete unknown element that is unpredictable in nature.

Besides, it's really meaningless to say a couple folks at the top are sane and it's only the rabid tool they foster develop and use who are dangerous. What's the difference? Especially in radical Islam, true believers turn on each other all the time if they dont adhear to their ideals.

A non Islamic example. The Japanese in ww2. When the emperor decided enough was enough some of his radicals turned on him and they thought he was a god.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What's the difference? Especially in radical Islam, true believers turn on each other all the time if they dont adhear to their ideals.
    I’m curious your experience in this area. Persians, to include the mullahs and ayatollah, while Shiite, trace their theocratic beliefs to Zoroastrism, which is incorporated into the Shi’ia offshoot of Islam.

However, my experience has been Wahabi sects and branches of the Sunni tend to be more fundamental and extreme in their Islamic beliefs, especially when it comes to religious superiority to government.

But, it’s also not as simple as that, either. Especially when it comes to internal Iranian politics and external actions, primarily since the IRGC and Basiji are theocratic forces while the military is a political force.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I will accept your explanations.

That said, it doesn’t make the missing bit of the video from the beginning any less strange when it is supposed to show proof of nefarious action. Showing a minute more from the beginning would have made the mine clearly visible. No reason to cut it away.

CENTCOM realeases what they need to in order to back up what they tell us? That’s different than releasing what they need to to show us what actually happened and although the two could be the same event, they could also be very different.

I don’t like being on the “conspiratorial” side of things. Just smells funny.

There's another video showing the attachment apparatus left behind and a hand print beside it.
    The CENTCOM video doesn't need to show the public all the details of the evidence. The video proof is more detailed for allies need to know.
    This appears to be a mission by Iran to try and influence the European signers of the Iran agreement into gaining sanction relief.
    It may be that the tanker crew observed a missile attacking a drone and the mine detonating in a time frame that fear caused confusion. Fire aboard a ship tends to cause judgements and memories to be unreliable.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    And since did radical Islam make sense??

Why have they not launched a nuke yet? Well for one reason they have not quite reached the operational weapon stage.

Kim is nuttier than a fruitcake. I don't put anything past him.

You are assuming that everyone in the world is rational and has sense - aligned with your definitions of these terms. And that is a big mistake.
    Kim is afraid of nukes after he blew his mountain up.

Top Bottom