Screenshot_20220519-123549_Gallery.jpg
      178.7 KB · Views: 49

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    That's because border wall money would have been spent on the border wall, not Pelosi's ice cream, 10% for the big guy, 10% for the big guy's diaper changer, etc.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Known problem with them. Stored ammo detonation. Kinda like their ships.

Problem may not be the right word. Russian tanks use a 3 man crew with an auto loader which means they tend to be smaller, lighter, and need less fuel. American tanks are larger with a 4 man crew so the ammo can be stored in compartments more easily but overall it’s a larger and heavier vehicle.

It’s a problem in a way, but also just the decision they made in balancing crew survivability with combat abilities, cost, overall size and weight, fuel requirements, etc.

uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    Problem may not be the right word. Russian tanks use a 3 man crew with an auto loader which means they tend to be smaller, lighter, and need less fuel. American tanks are larger with a 4 man crew so the ammo can be stored in compartments more easily but overall it’s a larger and heavier vehicle.

It’s a problem in a way, but also just the decision they made in balancing crew survivability with combat abilities, cost, overall size and weight, fuel requirements, etc.
    Hmm kinda like a Ford Pinto. Low cost lighter good on gas. But sometimes goes boom!

kustik12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2021
    Plano, TX
    Believe me, Ukranian government extremely happy.
    Most important Q. You happy?
    Comment for image; "yeah baby, dance baby!!!"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519-123509_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20220519-123509_Gallery.jpg
      143.6 KB · Views: 46

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Believe me, Ukranian government extremely happy.
    Most important Q. You happy?
    Comment for image; "yeah baby, dance baby!!!"

No. We should have crushed the first Russian vehicle that crossed the border and every vehicle that followed instead of allowing them to get far enough that wiping them out would result in collateral damage. Instead we are now dumping money on a proxy war which will possibly end with us having to kick the shit out of Russia anyways.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The point is that Russia has successfully engaged targets with air launched cruise missiles, which implies an ability to negate enemy air defenses. Avoidance is sometimes the easiest way.

Even in those successful engagements, there’s still wonderment at why the warheads aren’t performing as they did elsewhere.

Either our past assessments were really wrong, our current assessments are really wrong, or we don’t understand what it is that Putin really wants.

Considering Renault just handed over something like a $9B investment in auto manufacturing for a ruble (about $0.11), McDonald’s is about to take a multi-billion dollar bath as it walks away from it’s operations, and the US treasury is set to let the sanctions carve out that lets Russia service it’s debt to US investors next week, it’s likely we will see A default their, too. That’s real monetary losses with real assets, modern technology, and IP the west is walking away from and Russia is getting for free.

If the Chinese can half-ass reverse engineer and produce shitty products they can dump on the world for stable currency incomes, Russia can probably do it, too. Makes me wonder if the real goal is force a reset to a first/second world era.

If you’ve hung on this long, one more thing to consider. Russia has done a lot of foreign military sales with formerly US aligned countries. I wonder how comfortable they are feeling in those investments now. Murphy’s law and all that.
    Are you referring to the aircraft or the ALCM's ability to survive enemy air defenses?

Given the stand off range of the ALCM, the Russian aircraft should be able to launch out of the range of Ukranian air defense.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I saw the title of this thread, and thought my reply would be “you’re welcome”

Wow. Awesome burst of energy to launch that turret off like that. Something that powerful, I imagine the crew was vaporized.

**edit** I was replying to a new thread titled “Tanks”, hence the snark in my opening line. It appears that thread was merged into this thread, so my reply is slightly out of context now. For reference the thread starter I was replying to was the video on Post#2237. Carry on...

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I meant Russian intelligence on Ukraine would need to remain very up to date in order to target mobile SAM sites with any high degree of success using cruise missiles. Assuming Ukraine actually moved their mobile SAM sites regularly.
    I'm tracking...with a cruise missile you kinda need to know the location of the target to hit it and you need your target to still be there once it gets there.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Ukraine - A test bed for the weapons research industry, building and selling human death with very effective weapons...the military/industrial complex does care how many die ( in a single strike), whatever the numbers, it's still just a drop in the bucket...just open up another can of humans and give your howling a rest, there's lots to go around...the death merchants think - just like c-19 vaccines, we gotta kill off mora theze humans, the 'urt' cain't stand this many people, plus we gotta see if our 'latest and greatest weapons' do the job with great effciency at low cost...so missiles away...

...human death, ppppfffft, who cares, the 'urt' is crawling wif em...too many of em.

Does my ' latest edition Cruise Missile' make me look fat...?

Oh look, we killed 500 with that one...as Tony the Tiger says: GREAT!

Reactions: gll
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom