Tannerite in Houston?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by 40Arpent, Jun 2, 2009.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Can anybody tell me if there is a place in Houston where I can buy Tannerite?

Thanks!

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  3. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Went ahead an ordered it online. I'll try to take some video in a couple weeks when I go down to South Texas. ;)

4. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I saw where they were selling it on Gunbroker's. Like DCortez said, "Looks like fun!":banger:

5. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I ordered mine direct, ten 1-lb canisters. There's a huge rogue bull on the ranch that has to be taken down, and if I am successful, we'll see what the Tannerite can do to his carcass. :happy0001:

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Oh Hell Yea!

7. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

If you ever saw "Tremors", you'll know to stay FAR away when it goes boom....:rofl:

8. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I haven't seen it, so thanks for the warning! LOL

9. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I will play Devil's advocate on this

Watch yourself with the it is a reported substance to the BATFE boys.

Also in Texas...
    Title 7 Chapter 28 g 1 of the Texas Penal Code states...

"[​IMG]Explosive[​IMG] weapon" means any [​IMG]explosive[​IMG] or incendiary device that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury, death, or substantial property damage, or for the principal purpose of causing such a loud report as to cause undue public alarm or terror, and includes:

Title 10 46.01 (2) of the Penal Code
    (2) "[​IMG]Explosive[​IMG] weapon" means any [​IMG]explosive[​IMG] or incendiary bomb, grenade, rocket, or mine, that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury, death, or substantial property damage, or for the principal purpose of causing such a loud report as to cause undue public alarm or terror, and includes a device designed, made, or adapted for delivery or shooting an [​IMG]explosive[​IMG] weapon.

So, the way I read this.
    Tannerite is an explosive weapon when used for any of the above definitions.

Now with all that said...
    Use small enough amounts so it is no louder than a rifle report and there is no issue.

I use the stuff to blow tree stumps. I just tell my neighbors I am doing it first so I don't "cause undue public alarm or terror" I also make my own.

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay, so don't blow up your neighbors house and your good to go. :happy0001: