• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Went ahead an ordered it online. I'll try to take some video in a couple weeks when I go down to South Texas. ;)

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I saw where they were selling it on Gunbroker's. Like DCortez said, "Looks like fun!"

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I ordered mine direct, ten 1-lb canisters. There's a huge rogue bull on the ranch that has to be taken down, and if I am successful, we'll see what the Tannerite can do to his carcass.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I ordered mine direct, ten 1-lb canisters. There's a huge rogue bull on the ranch that has to be taken down, and if I am successful, we'll see what the Tannerite can do to his carcass.

If you ever saw "Tremors", you'll know to stay FAR away when it goes boom....

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I will play Devil's advocate on this

Watch yourself with the it is a reported substance to the BATFE boys.

Also in Texas...
    Title 7 Chapter 28 g 1 of the Texas Penal Code states...

"
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    Explosive
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    weapon" means any
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    explosive
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    or incendiary device that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury, death, or substantial property damage, or for the principal purpose of causing such a loud report as to cause undue public alarm or terror, and includes:

Title 10 46.01 (2) of the Penal Code
    (2) "
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    Explosive
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    weapon" means any
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    explosive
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    or incendiary bomb, grenade, rocket, or mine, that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury, death, or substantial property damage, or for the principal purpose of causing such a loud report as to cause undue public alarm or terror, and includes a device designed, made, or adapted for delivery or shooting an
    verity_arrow_left.gif
    explosive
    verity_arrow_right.gif
    weapon.

So, the way I read this.
    Tannerite is an explosive weapon when used for any of the above definitions.

Now with all that said...
    Use small enough amounts so it is no louder than a rifle report and there is no issue.

I use the stuff to blow tree stumps. I just tell my neighbors I am doing it first so I don't "cause undue public alarm or terror" I also make my own.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Tannerite is an explosive weapon when used for any of the above definitions.

We won't be using it for any of the above definitions, so in addition to not transporting it once mixed, I think we are safe.

Thanks for the input, though; much appreciated.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Update: The rogue bull was nowhere to be found on the ranch (probably roaming to find a better source of water with the drought down there). My backup plan was to shoot a pig to use for the experiment, but I only had one chance to shoot and I blew it by not anchoring the pig with the first shot. I tracked the damn blood trail for almost a mile, through some of the nastiest brush I have ever seen, and lost the trail right at dark-thirty.

We did do a little testing with a couple of half pound charges and one 1.5 pounder that I mixed up in a Tupperware dish. I will try to get my video of the 1.5 pounder uploaded soon...it blew the smithereens out of an old desktop computer.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Looking forward to it.

Trust me, you'll see much better videos on youtube. One mistake we made was not taking a relatively quiet rifle with us, so that you could hear the Tannerite explosion better over the report of the rifle. I wasn't thinking about that when I was packing up my guns for the trip, so we were using my S.A. SOCOM II. A 5.56 rifle would have been much better (makes me want to get a suppressor!!! ;) ). I did determine that a .22wmr rifle will make it go "boom" but it seemed like the .308 caused a more violent explosion.

Top Bottom