• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    I am a Tannerite distributor here in Lubbock if anybody is interested, you cant shoot it at rustic but if you go out to the pit you can shoot it all day every day :)

If anybody is interested in coming out when I go shooting just give me a holler, I will be more than happy to have you join me :)
    ARJ Defense ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Me too. I work there often and shoot at Rustic when there but have no idea where the pit is.

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    Its not a stupid question, the pit is one of those places that you only find out about from someone who as been there, It is basically a 1/2 acre hole in the ground [which provides an excellent backstop] That the city used to use when they needed fill dirt. Now it just sits out there, abandoned. Until some of the neighbors started going down there to shoot or to ride ATVs and dirtbikes. They told their friends, and their friends told their friends, etc etc etc... Some people have started dumping down there which is a shame and every time I go I try to clean it up a little more. I have only run into another party there once and they were nice and ended up buying some tannerite so they could shoot it after I left. So if there are a lot of people that know about it, none of them go.

I would love to buy the property and turn it into a developed range but the city said it wasn't for sale "just in case" they were to need it again. They also said as long as there were no complaints from the neighbors and nobody gets hurt that there was no problem with going there because it is deemed an "inactive sector" However if you are being a nuisance the local sherrif will write you a ticket for trespassing. [this is not official city ruling, only what the lady that was helping me said] I have seen the sheriff there several times and he saw that I was being clean, being safe, and helping to re-beautify the land and I haven't had any problems whatsoever and I have been going there for almost three years.

It is nowhere near anything that could be called a developed range, I really is just a hole in the ground that people go to shoot/ride atvs.

Be safe, be clean, and have fun out there yall :)

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    I have it in any quantity you want, in any sizes that you want [in increments of 1/4 lb], from 1/4 lb to 20+ lbs I also individually package the powder mix so you dont have to measure anything, just cut it open, mix it, shoot it.
    I have pricing here:
    http://mybigfatamericandream.blogspot.com/2011/11/whos-your-tannerite-dealer-now.html

a
    nd Rusty I can completely understand if you feel nervous, I was too the first few times I went out. If you want, Im going out there this weekend if you want to join me, I'm probably going to blow up a computer, a printer scanner copier, and a laptop, then shoot some clays and clean up for a bit. Im probably going to bring out a wind tent and maybe a space heater to keep warm because it is getting pretty chilly, although its supposed to warm up this weekend so I may not need it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    ^ He does get a bit wordy, but I like him so far! LOL!
    I'll give ya a shout next time I'm in Lubbock for a spell.

Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    I'll have to call a few places to see if its aloud, if so I'll buy a whole case from you. Why would you blow up a HD TV and Laptop isnt that kinda wasting money?

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    nah, they were both donated and were beyond feasible repair [The computer had a bad motherboard which would cost as much as a new one to replace, and the TV had a cracked screen which would also cost as much as a new one] If I could have repaired them I totally would have and bought more tannerite to use in my videos. This project is a not-for-profit type endeavour because I have this horrible addiction to destroying things with copious amounts of firepower so everything goes to making more/better videos, like the fact that I am setting aside paycheck money to pay for a slow motion camera that's only purpose is recording me blowing things up [other than that, I almost never take pictures or video of anything, but catching a computer explode in slow motion will be completely worth almost doubling my investment in the hobby.]

The only thing I am actually buying new is the turkey for the thanksgiving video I am making [and several packs of green jello for a special request video], because I spent so much on the initial investment, but OH was it worth it :D

Alot of the stuff I blow up is off the free section of craigslist or donations from viewers or tweeters. Even then if I can use it or sell it [and get express permission from the donor] I will and use the money to further the hobby [because a penny saved is 1/50th of an ounce of tannerite that could be used to blow something up.]

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    I got the go ahead to post this again so here it goes:

I want to blow up a turkey for Thanksgiving, but I ran out of cash, however I have plenty of explosives so a friend told me to raffle some off to pay for the turkey. So here it goes. I have a jar of tannerite, legal in all 50 states, the winner gets this jar sent to their door. 50 cents will buy you an entry into the drawing, so if you donate a dollar you get two entries etc etc...but since yall are members here on TGT, I will double your entries, so $1 gets you four entries. But it gets even better, if you have a twitter and you retweet my tweet about the raffle I will double your entries again, so $1 would give you 8 entries! Every penny of the proceeds is going towards making bigger and better videos, I am keeping absolutely nothing from this. If you are interested in donating you can check my video out, all the links you need are in the description.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Once I get familiar with the "pit" I'll probably pick up a little bit of this since it's actually pretty affordable. And let's be honest here, blowing up shit is fun. I've read that certain types of ammunition won't ignite it though, so any idea if 9mm will make it go boom?

Also on a side note, I just can't hold this in anymore. I'm almost 100% sure you were one of the guys who was auditioning for the OZ in the SUB. If so, no creepo, but I was the guy sitting at the table trying to study. - And you guys were totally messing that up. Hahahaha

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    happy thanksgiving yall, Congrats to LJH for winning the contest!

Thanksgiving was great! AND I am....
    charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.jpg

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    Once I get familiar with the "pit" I'll probably pick up a little bit of this since it's actually pretty affordable. And let's be honest here, blowing up shit is fun. I've read that certain types of ammunition won't ignite it though, so any idea if 9mm will make it go boom?

Also on a side note, I just can't hold this in anymore. I'm almost 100% sure you were one of the guys who was auditioning for the OZ in the SUB. If so, no creepo, but I was the guy sitting at the table trying to study. - And you guys were totally messing that up. Hahahaha

REALLY? THATS AWESOME! I totally was one of the guys going out for OZ [sorry I messed your studying up for you] I got picked though and rocked out as OZ.

as for certain ammo not detonating tannerite, no 9mm wont, there isnt enough energy. Just about any centerfire rifle will work. the only handgun ive seen detonate tannerite was a 500 s&w and thats not really a handgun, more like a hand cannon.

anyways Im headed out there again this saturday to film some pumpkins getting blown up if you want to come on out with us, just send me a pm and join the convoy :) no worries if you dont have a rifle I have two that I regularly bring that will more than do the trick.

I have been debating on if I could get a ball mill and mill the fuel down to the 1200 mesh range and see if that would allow detonation via handgun round. Im betting it will, but I dont have a ball mill nor do I want to build one right now :P

but if you want to join in the invite is always open, and if you have a truck that can pull a 700lb trailer Ill give you a pound of tannerite to help me move it to the pit [im going to build a "its fucking cold but I still want to shoot" enclosure] and leave it down there for shooters or atv folk to go in and keep warm/out of the rain/shielded from shrapnel. basically im going to take the shell off the trailer and leave it there, using stuff thats already there to make a shooter shelter so I can bring my propane heater and stay warm while im out there shooting or filming.

Top Bottom