• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    I'm doing some mods to my 10/22, and I was convinced on which stock I wanted - a Boyds thumbhole design with a bull barrel channel.

.... then I saw a Tapco stock that looked like a plastic AR version of a 10/22. Kinda cool looking... but it is plastic... so I'm not sure.

Anyone buy one / install one / use one? Thoughts?

or should I stick with my original plan and just go with the nice laminated wood Boyds stock?

All the best,
    Glenn
    DK Firearms

cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    I've kind of settled on a Green Mountain fluted stainless barrel.

I'd be all over that stock if it were a different color. I've never really been that excited about Applejack. Was more looking for a Royal, Sky or Forest. Since you mentioned it though, and it is "OBO" - would you take $80 shipped for it? If so, I can pay you today via PayPal, and will pay the PayPal fees.

All the best,
    Glenn

cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    Just to make sure on this before I hit "send money" on PayPal - I can put a bull barrel on this without modifying this stock at all right? Made for the larger .92 barrels, correct?
    All the best,
    Glenn

cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    Thanks! Looking forward to it! I'm wondering how my stainless receiver is going to look in there.... or I might have to Duracoat it in black... because yours looked great in there. I'm going to wait to get my barrel until I see how the stainless looks in it - I might end up just getting the blued barrel if the stainless doesn't look good in there.

What do you think? Stainless... or Black?

All the best,
    Glenn

cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    No problem. I'm in a holding pattern now to finish my rifle anyway. Seems like nobody, anywhere I've looked, has the barrel I want. I'm pretty dead set on a Green Mountain 20" fluted barrel in stainless. I've found a few in blue, as well as some shorter barrels, or non-fluted ones. I might have to settle from what I was told yesterday. Seems like GM is behind on production. Several dealers I spoke to yesterday told me that.
    All the best,
    Glenn

cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    This rifle is going to get nicknamed "Settled". I "settled" for a different colored stock than originally intended, and today I "settled" for a different length barrel than I wanted, as well as "settled" for a different style mag release than what I had in mind.

All in all though... I think this one is going to look very nice, and should be one nice shooter.

All the best,
    Glenn

Panzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Wylie TX
    Have you guys seen the SR-22? it is pretty much what everyone wanted when they bought a TapCo stock!! But this one is a Factory gun and as soon as I can find one locally and have the money at the same time I will have one :)
    sr22_info-800.jpg

Top Bottom