• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Can you guys recommend a good tattoo artist in the San Antonio area. Finally will be getting my first tattoo but am not sure where to go.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I would recommend prick tattoo if they are still open. They do great custom work. Unless things have changed they didn't have pre made stencils they just copy from. It's all custom hand drawn.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i don't have a recommendation, but it's going to boil down to what you want. There are quite a few different styles, and some of the more talented artists won't do what you ask per se, they'll take a concept and make it theirs. If you are open minded and they are good, 9 times out of 10 you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised.

What is it you are wanting to get done?

Sent from my SIG Sauer

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm not in San Antonio, so unless you know someone that recommends one, I myself would get a list together (from internet) and check out the various places and also look for feedback.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Depending on what you're looking for, my cousin is Wade Engelke at Inkline Tattoo. He does more comic book type tattoos, not sure if that's your thing or not. You can check out is work on facebook or instagram w/ a Google search.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Hey guys, thanks for the info it does help. dermunkee I might have to look for your cousin. I am a big comic nerd. I'll have to see what he can do. Thanks.

Fullretard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    DFW
    A good tattoist is worth a drive so don't limit yourself too much distance wise

Finding an artist you like is almost as hard as decidi g what you want

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    A good tattoist is worth a drive so don't limit yourself too much distance wise

Finding an artist you like is almost as hard as decidi g what you want

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

my last artist was 450 miles away

my current artist is about 1-1.5hrs away

Sent from my SIG Sauer

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Damn, 450 miles. I hope I don't have to go that far. I am hoping between San Antonio and Austin I should be able to find someone. The hard part is trying to figure which one I should get first. I have been wanting a tattoo since I was in high school. But working 3 jobs all my money went to taking care of my parents. Later all my money went to taking care of my wife and kids and eventually it got placed on the back burner and just forgotten about. My wife ruined the surprise my daughter had for me. They have been saving up and for fathers day they were going to pay for me to get my first tatt.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    like i said before, choosing the artist starts at choosing the design and style.

There's sailor jerry/am trad, neo trad, japanese, chinese, realistic, script, polynesian, old school gangster, etc.... all very nice, but you have to choose one and stick to it, or close to it.

You don't just get 1 tattoo.... trust me. I would be covered head to toe if I could. If I ever leave corporate america I'm taking my sleeves down to past my elbows at least.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    instagram is a great place to find an artist with style you like in your general vicinity.

Also, one thing you might consider is having your kids draw on you with sharpie and having them blast that right in. I have thought about doing that lately, but have a few other priorities that need to be addressed.

Top Bottom