Hurley's Gold

Taurus G2 Cycling issues with suppressor.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I have a dead air Odessa-9 suppressor. I have no issues with my Sig p365, or Beretta 92FS no matter if I use light loads of 115 grain, or +P Hot loads of 147 grain.

however…

On my Taurus G2, I have issues with it NOT cycling rounds, (it jams after every round fired). This happens on all light loads or hot +P loads in either 115 or 124 grain. It only works fine with +P loads in the 147 grain.

i Have tried to look for different recoil springs, no luck. On the 92FS I was able to get recoil springs from 12lb all the way to 20lbs and can fine tune it for what ever I am shooting that day.

Has anyone else had issues with their Taurus cycling when using a suppressor?

FYI. This happens in the Odessa-9’s shortest to longest configuration. It only happens when I a, using the silencer. Everything works fine when I remove the silencer.

yes, All items are clean and properly lubed as well.
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Lakeline is probably your best bet for different spring weights, but aftermarket is a challenge when any manufacturer doesn’t support it and Taurus definitely doesn’t support the aftermarket.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Does the can butt up to the shoulder on the barrel, or is there a gap between them?
    The shiny silver is the polished barrel. The Black is obviously the Odessa-9.

Attachments

• 2818A153-804D-4704-BCB2-CBEEE0E98975.jpeg
      2818A153-804D-4704-BCB2-CBEEE0E98975.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 76

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Silencer Shop said its a known issue with some handguns and the Odessa-9. Said their is a shim kit available that should fix the problem.

Have ordered one. Will update when i get it.

Top Bottom