• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    Wife picked up one of these at Academy ($329) and liked it. She's kinda picky. Anybody have experience or user data on one of these? Oh, and I know it's not a Glock/XD/M&P etc etc but it's also not $5-600.
    Capitol Armory ad

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I had the version with straight 8s/heine sights. It was an absolute shooter. No issues with the one i had at all and it was my go to.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    All Taurus products are very hit or miss, when it comes to quality.
    Some love them. Most hate them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    All Taurus products are very hit or miss, when it comes to quality.
    Some love them. Most hate them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I honestly believe taurus quality has gone up. I used to see horror stories all the time. I think as long as you stick to newer models youll be fine.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I honestly believe taurus quality has gone up. I used to see horror stories all the time. I think as long as you stick to newer models youll be fine.

Agreed. Taurus' quality issues were back in the 80s. Every Taurus I own has been completely reliable!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Nope, they still maintain their notorious reputation to this day:

Brazilian Police Recall 98,000 Taurus 24/7 DS Pistols - The Firearm Blog

Sorry, but there's something fishy in that story/video.

And, right below it, there's this review...

Taurus PT 24/7 G2 DA/SA DS Review - The Firearm Blog

Before I express my conclusions I’d like to pass along some encouraging information regarding warranty repair times for Taurus. I recently sent in a revolver which was cutting a bit of lead from my lead handloads. The problem was taken care of and the revolver was returned in two weeks. They had no idea I was a gun writer either so if this is what we can expect on turnaround repair times this cures one of the main gripes I’ve heard people express.

Now back to the conclusion. Overall this is a well-made pistol that has been very reliable to date. The G2 is a good natural pointer when you match your hand size with the appropriate supplied grip insert.

From a price standpoint the MSRP is in the mid-$500 range. After some searching online gun sellers the average price is actually closer to the $460—$475 range. This gives you a new pistol for the price of a well used Glock. With that in mind I’ll take the Taurus.

As I mentioned earlier I like the ambidextrous controls, feel of the pistol in my hand, fully adjustable sights and lifetime warranty regardless of you being the first owner or the tenth. I’ve been a bit surprised how many shooters don’t realize the warranty follows the gun not the owner.

The G2 also comes in a compact version as well as in several calibers. You might want to peruse the Taurus product line if you’re in the market for a concealed carry pistol at a reasonable price.

And my personal experience has been extremely positive, as have many others (go to TaurusArmed.net and read reviews from actual owners).

The MilPro is an excellent pistol, and I would put mine up against others costing 2-3 times more...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Ummmm... NO!

Ummm....yes. You can go on TaurusArmed.net and read how many people have had positive experiences with Taurus firearms. Also, their customer service equals that of Springfield, which is excellent. I have several Taurus pistols and all have been 100% reliable. Any company can have a few issues, but overall Taurus makes some great handguns for the most part (The Judge would probably be the one exception I have found) and I know a lot of people who carry and love them.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Show me a professional that stakes his life on "any" Taurus product.
    i can load this thread up with video, after video of complaints, and those that say "never again".

Dont get me wrong. i would buy a Taurus; but with the understanding of what i was buying, and it's intended purpose. As i stated before, there customer service is second to none...today

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    i will say there customer service is second to none

I too agree. As of last year you might as well have none because they are so busy fixing junk they don't have time for quality control. The hit or miss comment is still correct. If you get a good one, it will be good. If not you will spend all your shooting time shipping it on Florida vacations. Sure they will fix it eventually. I have asked them to send parts before. Some just never arrived, the ones that did were wrong. Ordered a magazine once. It arrived 4 months after I'd given the gun away. All that said I have a Rossi that says "made by Taurus" on the frame. Its been flawless. But then I don't ask much of it either. IMHO the jury is still out on Taurus. Quality is an issue. They can be fun, but wring them out to the tune of hundreds of rounds before bet your life on it. The last new one I had was a PT22 and it told its story quickly. 12 rounds and the trigger pin broke. That's 12 rounds of .22lr. But I sold it for more than it cost after it vacationed in Fl. for over a month. That was 2012. The retail price keeps going up and I've noticed they are out of stock often, when I look.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom