• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    I'm always looking for a deal. I know Taurus makes a great "bang for the buck". No puns intended. I have a friend that just purchased this one. He hasn't shot it yet. I was at a local dealer recently and over heard a guy talking about the "Academy Mentality". I guess some local shops don't appreciate a deal, if they can't match it. Anyway, I would love to get a great value.

Question #1: Do manufacturers make a different spec gun for different outlets?

Question #2: Anyone have this specific gun?

Thanks
    Military Camp

kgdbtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Taurus - which one?

You didn't specifically say which Mil Pro - there is a single stack 745, and a double-stack 145. I personally have the PT145 and it is my concealed carry daily carry - that is how impressed I am with it. It holds 10 rounds, and I've put well over 1000 rounds through it, and I haven't had one FTF or FTE ever. Not one. It just keeps feeding everything I can put through it. The PT145 is alot of gun in such a small package - if I can't get it done with 10+1 rounds of 45 acp, plus the backup mag, then it's time to call in an artillery strike.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Hobie,

I have had two of them for a couple of years and several thousand rounds have passed through the barrel of each one without any problems whatsoever. Mine are the double action only models with the small accessory rail....I believe they are 2nd Generation guns. They are both extremely accurate and both really like the MagTec 230gr, FMJ for practice and Federal Hydrashoks 230gr. JHP for carry. They both shoot to the same point of aim. here are afew pics of mine:
    MillProSmall.jpg

PT145STLS.jpg

PT145TUCKER.jpg

This target shot at 15 yards, two magazines, as fast as I could pull the trigger:
    TaurusTarget.jpg

kgdbtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    wrong gen

Tex45acp, your guns are 3rd generation - they have the rails. In fact, it's identical to mine, right down to the Pachmayr grips. Great looking gun !!

poperb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    I have the older model they are great and a great company. My boss went out and bought one after he shot mine!

Randy

Roadkill Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine was a piece of junk. Once every magazine (at least) it wouldn't fire when you pulled the trigger. You could squeeze it all the way back and nothing. However, when you released the trigger, bang. Also, the magazine would release on its own every 6 or 7 shots. Sent it back to Taurus three times to get it fixed (and it cost me $25 to ship it each time). I'll never buy another Taurus.

Top Bottom