• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byrom1212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    I'm looking at getting a smaller gun for ccw. I like the look of the taurus and the price. just want to know what ya'll think of them and if anybody has one and what you think of it.

I still trying to decide between the .40 and .45.
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I own a Taurus Millennium Pro PT111 9MM.
    For the price is a ok gun. I had a few rounds jam on me the first few shoots using Monarchs but I havent had a Jam since.. Once you take it a part you can tell is a cheap labor Pistol... Mine has some small deep scratches in the bottom of the slide from the use.. Over all is ok and I like it.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Good ccw gun.Just be careful when putting it back together.To get the slide release back in you have to move a little spring which is easy to break if you are not careful.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Your going to hear all kinds of pros and cons on anything Taurus. I have had 4 different Taurus guns one beint the PT-145. I actually had two and my youngest son (23) decided that he wanted something other than his full size Taurus PT-1911 for carry so I gave him one of my 145's. Both have had several thousand rounds through them without any problems. His PT-1911 and my 415 revolver are the same. I likw the Taurus guns but that is just my humble but experienced opinion.

oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    Had a PT 145 Millineum pro for a while and loved everything about it but the long double action trigger pull. Just never could get used to it. Other than that, it was a great little gun. Never had a problem feeding or extracting, and it definitely went bang every time.

Roadkill Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had one with two problems that would happen once every magazine load:
    #1: You could pull the trigger back all the way, as far it it could go, and it would not fire. Release the trigger and BANG!
    #2: The magazine would disengage without touching the release.

Had to pay for three trips to the factory. They finally fixed it, but I'll never trust anything with the Taurus brand again. With automatics from now on out, it it don't say "GLOCK" on it, it ain't coming home with me. (And that's why I only have three autos, and twenty-three wheelguns!)

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    I have one of the earlier PT145 Mil Pro's, DAO. I have had no true problems with mine. I thought there was problem with it dropping the magazine, until I changed my grip. As far as a long trigger pull it is shorter, smoother, and lighter than most revolvers. It is very comparable to the trigger on my Python.

Top Bottom