Taurus model 992 revolver. Thoughts?

erratadata

Apr 26, 2013
NW SAN Antonio
I saw one of these for the first time at Gibson's in Kerrville today:

4" Blue

I was intrigued by the concept of a combo .22lr/.22WMR 9 shot in a double action. I am not a fan of Taurus pistols, but their revolvers seem to be much better. It seemed to lock up great, not too bad of a trigger, and the cylinder change was a snap. Any thoughts?

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Looks like a great trainer and plinking gun. I got no experience with Taurus revolvers though.

Wouldn't mind having one if the price was right.

erratadata

Apr 26, 2013
NW SAN Antonio
I was just intrigued by the interchangeable cylinder. I have had a few .22lr/.22WMR revolvers before, but they were the SAA style. Even the old High Standard Double-Nine was SAA style, though it was double action. I had never seen a swing-out interchangeable cylinder before.

Mar 8, 2013
Houston, TX
Save your money and buy a Smith... I've never been impressed with any Taurus gun I've handled. A S&W revolver feels like a gun. Every Taurus I've handled feels... unfinished. I would never own one personally.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
I have several Taurus handguns and they're great, but the only exception is a .38 revolver from the 1980s that my Dad had as a back-up gun.

Depending on price, I think that'd be a great pistol! I love the interchangeable cylinders, it makes it a lot more versatile!

Cheers! M2

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
I'd get it.
In case you weren't aware, a .22 mag is loud and flashy out of a revolver.

erratadata

Apr 26, 2013
NW SAN Antonio
Save your money and buy a Smith... I've never been impressed with any Taurus gun I've handled. A S&W revolver feels like a gun. Every Taurus I've handled feels... unfinished. I would never own one personally.
A bit presumptuous of you isn't it? Fact is, I have owned several Smiths, own a few now. and will likely own more in the future. Some were/are good, some not-so-much. I had an early 686 that wouldn't hold time for more than 3 rounds of .357. My shooting buddies still curse me for the spitting lead at them on the line. If you read the post, I was not asking whether I should buy it, but rather just asking for people's opinion of that particular handgun. I also state that I was not a fan of the brand, but was impressed with this one.

Top Bottom