• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erratadata

Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I saw one of these for the first time at Gibson's in Kerrville today:

4" Blue

I was intrigued by the concept of a combo .22lr/.22WMR 9 shot in a double action. I am not a fan of Taurus pistols, but their revolvers seem to be much better. It seemed to lock up great, not too bad of a trigger, and the cylinder change was a snap. Any thoughts?
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looks like a great trainer and plinking gun. I got no experience with Taurus revolvers though.

Wouldn't mind having one if the price was right.

erratadata

Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I was just intrigued by the interchangeable cylinder. I have had a few .22lr/.22WMR revolvers before, but they were the SAA style. Even the old High Standard Double-Nine was SAA style, though it was double action. I had never seen a swing-out interchangeable cylinder before.

Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Save your money and buy a Smith... I've never been impressed with any Taurus gun I've handled. A S&W revolver feels like a gun. Every Taurus I've handled feels... unfinished. I would never own one personally.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I have several Taurus handguns and they're great, but the only exception is a .38 revolver from the 1980s that my Dad had as a back-up gun.

Depending on price, I think that'd be a great pistol! I love the interchangeable cylinders, it makes it a lot more versatile!

Cheers! M2

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'd get it.
    In case you weren't aware, a .22 mag is loud and flashy out of a revolver.

erratadata

Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Save your money and buy a Smith... I've never been impressed with any Taurus gun I've handled. A S&W revolver feels like a gun. Every Taurus I've handled feels... unfinished. I would never own one personally.

A bit presumptuous of you isn't it? Fact is, I have owned several Smiths, own a few now. and will likely own more in the future. Some were/are good, some not-so-much. I had an early 686 that wouldn't hold time for more than 3 rounds of .357. My shooting buddies still curse me for the spitting lead at them on the line. If you read the post, I was not asking whether I should buy it, but rather just asking for people's opinion of that particular handgun. I also state that I was not a fan of the brand, but was impressed with this one.

erratadata

Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I was "Meh" until I saw that video. That push-button cylinder change design is extremely slick. I'm not in the market for such a thing but if I were, that design would lead me to buy my first Taurus.

It had a tag on it that said .22lr/.22WMR so I asked the clerk if I could see it. He didn't know how to change out the cylinder, but I discovered the button and figured it out. I was just expecting to change the cylinder but was surprised to see that the whole gate changed out. Makes sense. Very impressed with the fit and finish overall.

Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    A bit presumptuous of you isn't it? Fact is, I have owned several Smiths, own a few now. and will likely own more in the future. Some were/are good, some not-so-much. I had an early 686 that wouldn't hold time for more than 3 rounds of .357. My shooting buddies still curse me for the spitting lead at them on the line. If you read the post, I was not asking whether I should buy it, but rather just asking for people's opinion of that particular handgun. I also state that I was not a fan of the brand, but was impressed with this one.

Sorry, I didn't mean to poop on your thread. I used to work at a gun range and I've fired quite a few rounds through and handled all number of firearms - My personal opinion is that I've never seen or shot a Taurus that came close to even the nastiest police trade-in Smith. They all seem gritty and roughly finished. Every Taurus D/A trigger I've pulled feels like sliding a washing machine through gravel. Sorry Taurus fans, I ain't feelin' 'em!!!

Top Bottom