• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonehead1185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos/Lake Dallas, Tx
    Have any of y'all encountered the problem with your PT111 shooting about 2 inches low?

Mine does and I've become accustomed to it to where I am a pretty damn good shot. But it accurately and accountably 2" low everytime so it doesnt dance around. My brother came down this weekend and he is ten times the shot I am and became just increasingly pissed at my gun in that it wouldn't shoot on sight.

I was just wondering if this was a problem for this gun and if it is does Taurus have a solution like re-sighting it?

The gun is still under warranty. It is only ten days old.

Thanks for any help.

I own a PT145 and I shoot a little low as well. I believe it has to do with the Heinie sights that are on them.

There is another forum I am a member of that is dedicated to Taurus firearms. If you scroll down there is a section just for the mill pro models. You are not the first to ask about the shooting low problem, as you will see if you just browse the section.

Taurus Armed.net - Index

Have fun!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I own a PT145 and I shoot a little low as well. I believe it has to do with the Heinie sights that are on them.

There is another forum I am a member of that is dedicated to Taurus firearms. If you scroll down there is a section just for the mill pro models. You are not the first to ask about the shooting low problem, as you will see if you just browse the section.

Taurus Armed.net - Index

Have fun!

DUDE THANKS!!!

That website did help a lot. The difference between Dead-On and 6 o'clock as they put it is very interesting especially considering my other piece is a Colt Mustang and 6 o'clock is accurate as hell with this gun.

Has anyone heard of a Taurus being converted to shoot 6 o'clock instead of dead on?

How do I shoot the Heine sights?

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I also had problems with my wife's gun shooting low. It was 4 to 6 inches, depending on who was shooting it. I called Taurus and they said to send it back and they could fix it. That is too much problem, so since she doesn't shoot it too much anyway, I just left it alone for the time being. I figure that for "in the house" ranges, it won't make a lot of difference and she can just hold a little high to make for it.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I also had problems with my wife's gun shooting low. It was 4 to 6 inches, depending on who was shooting it. I called Taurus and they said to send it back and they could fix it. That is too much problem, so since she doesn't shoot it too much anyway, I just left it alone for the time being. I figure that for "in the house" ranges, it won't make a lot of difference and she can just hold a little high to make for it.

Sorry to hear that you have experienced these same frustrations. I agree with the concept that yeah at "in the house ranges" regardless of a drop it's going to hit its mark.

"Too much problem"... Anybody know what Taurus's turnaround time is? I won't be left defenseless because my Colt 380 Mustang is quite the beast just wondering because I love shooting this Taurus. Once you get used to that incredibly long triggerpull it is quite the compact 9mm.

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I bought one last saturday in Plano for $279-- I got my wife a MilPro GM special (pink) last year and while I love it, it is pink. I got the Black Friday pT111 Millennium to replace my Bersa-- and am pretty happy. It has a thicker frame than my wife's and only 10 round mags (vs 12), but her mags fit in mine and fire well (there is a small gap at the bottom of the mag...

I did getthe last one they had in stock.. and I am 99% happy with my purchase...

Top Bottom