• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I saw one of these blued with black grips at a local shop for about six bills. The fit and finish were really nice. Anybody shoot or own one of these?
    Texas SOT

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    they should be a bit cheaper since they're made in brazil and are pretty much identical in quality to RIA 1911s. i tried a few out when i was on my search for a 9mm 1911, they were said to offer one and it was listed in the 2007 catelog i believe but it never reached distributors nor is it on the 2008 catelog.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Bought my youngest son one for christmas last year. He wanted his first handgun to be a 1911 and I was not about to give him one of my Wilsons. I was impressed with the guns workmanship, it's accuracy and all the bells and whistles for the price paid. My son really likes the gun and now has over 1500 rounds through it. I did have to adjust the grip safety a bit but other than that nothing has been done to it. Oh I did change out the plastic grips with a pair of nice Cocobolo's I had. I recommend them, based on my and my sons experience with his. He is now looking for the 4" stainless version for concealed carry.
    tex45acp

Sixlites

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    My experience with Taurus is much like Tex's.

One hears a lot of stuff about Taurus being this and that.. tons of opinions... but when I bought mine (.357 Tracker 627 revolver stainless steel, also my .45ACp semi-auto (not the 1911), and a little Model 85).... I was surprised and very happy to find that the fit and finish were tops, the quality is heavy duty and the performance of all my Taurus's has been exceptional and reliable.

I haven't looked back. I own other mfg's also and they hold nothing over Taurus when you compare apples to apples and considering the price.

There's a taurus forun you can check out to hear a lot about the 1911 Taurus. I think it's taurusarmed.net

Sixlites

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Here's a quote from a guy over at Taurus forum who was comparing the Taurus 1911 to the PT-145.. Struck me as funny :D.

PT-145 Facts:

With an addition of an armalaser, a tac light, a mirror, and a bottle of Break Free, You can use a PT-145 to do laser eye surgery on yourself.

If you need a vehicle in an emergency, a PT-145 can be completely disassembled and the parts can be put back together in a certain order to build a Humvee with leather seats and a CD player.

Custom 1911s are what you show your friends. PT-145s are what you show your enemies.

:D

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    I have one. For a factory low priced gun it is pleasantly accurate. I base my accuracy figures on my Gold cup and 2 Kimbers and while it is not quite as accurate as those, it is worlds better than a standard Colt government.
    It has a ton of custom features and a decent trigger (my showed 4' 2").
    I have got to agree with everyones opinion here that the Taurus line is very decent quality. I have 3 of their double action revolvers besides this gun and none of them have ever given me any trouble.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I agree with you guys, my sons 1911 is the 5th Taurus product firearm I have purchased. I still have two PT-145's, my favorites. I carry one of them daily in the office, in the right front pocket of my dress slacks. The other rides in a hidden compartment in my car, loaded and always at the ready.

I have also had a model 415 revolver, stainless, 41mag with a 2" ported barrel. I wanted to have a smaller gun that I could pack into the woods whenI was bow hunting.

I also had a PT-24/7 in 9mm that I put about 300 rounds through before trading it on my first Browning Hi Power. Nothing wrong with the gun I just really like the Hi Power and something had to go so the Taurus became trade fodder.

I have had really good luck with my Taurus handguns and will probably own others in the future.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I owned one and it was a shooter, I never had an FTF, FTE, or whatever, my only complaint was it was a bear to wear as a CCW.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I owned one but it was problematic.It would FTRB and FTE constantly.I sent it back two times and the pistol was not fixed.I grew impatient and sold it.I am not saying I haven't had issues with other manufacturers but I had an extremely long wait time with Taurus customer service dragging their heels all the way.

Pecos45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Mine has been superb, flawless function and as accurate as any Kimber or Gold Cup. Taurus is the gun a lot of guys like to badmouth because it's not a Ford or Chevy.:rolleyes: But if you go to their website and take a tour of their factory where Taurus is building their guns now and read the company history, you'll get a hell of a surprise. The Taurus factory is one of the best, most modern firearms plants in the world. Meanwhile America has about destroyed our firearms industry.

Here's mine and it shoots as good as it looks. Hasn't jammed yet in over 6 months of firing.

45r2.jpg

I should add those are Esmeralda grips and not standard Taurus issue.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I saw PT1911's at a couple of booths at a gun show in Denton, Tx right after they came out for $450.00. Haven't seen one at that price since. Guess I should have bought one then.
    1911's have slipped to about the middle of my "want/need list" at this time though.

Top Bottom