• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    This from a guy with three posts???? Yeah, you have really been around to see what this forum is all about, havent you?

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Yeah, seriously, if this is what you have to offer to help make this forum what you think it should be then just log right on out and have a nice day. We have been here for a decent amount of time and gain members almost daily which means we are continuing to grow despite your thoughts and obvious efforts. If this is not a place you'd like to be then there is nothing stopping you from going your own way and letting our miserable little forum fail all on our own without you.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    We have been here for a decent amount of time and gain members almost daily which means we are continuing to grow despite your thoughts and obvious efforts.
    There is a VERY huge difference between the number of users signed up and active users who contribute.

I agree that the loss of the classifieds was not a positive step.

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    i know i havent been using this site much since the adds were taken off and i have way more than 2 posts guy lets not talk down to someone for not posting much

bring it back and lets see what happens to the traffic

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    IMO I don't think the active members are here for the classifieds.
    A lot of us are here for the love of the sport and not just the window shopping.
    This is a Texas only forum which is some what unique and I am proud to be a member.
    So if your like the little kid that's only happy in a toy store where they can dream and wish upon a star, this may not be the place for you - IMO.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I use to just stay on the Hunting Texas Online forum, which still has a "classifields for guns " forum and they are almost dead on the vine. You sometimes have to look at the latest post, for the last 48 hours because nobody wants to post anything. Maybe because there's not much hunting going on right now, not sure.

To me, Texas Gun Talk is almost as active as TFL forum, and they get posts from all over the US.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Someone abused the classifieds and was quite possibly violating federal firearms trade laws. That is the reason we took them down, so you can thank that jerk. I'm sure many of us know how the ATF can be these days. Sorry but, this is still a small site, created by two friends. We simply cannot afford the liability of having a lawsuit filed against us because of the wrongdoings committed by some third party of which we might have no knowledge.

The site has plenty to offer, and honestly when it comes to Texas and firearms based forums, there is little else out there for anyone to turn to. If people would stop whining for a second, they would see it's not the end of the world.

Thanks to those that do still support us.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Without classifields for guns this site isn't going to produce much traffic

Truth be told, the site hasn't slowed any since the classifieds were removed. I'm sure some users are not visiting as much, which I can understand, but overall the stats simply state otherwise.

Alot of the traffic generated by the classifieds was drive-by ad posting, and on top of that, I got about 5 - 10 people a day that wondered why they couldn't post in the classifieds section (because of our 5 post minimum). Then they would simply just go plop 5 random posts on the forum so they can meet the minimum, go post their ad, then never come back. Even more blatant were the people that tried to circumvent the minimal standards and just pepper the forum with their ads.

Frankly this site is not just another gun classifieds. It's a discussion forum. For what it's worth we had over 50,000 visits from 28,000 different people this month. Our objective is to allow people an avenue to talk to fellow Texans, visit each other at meets, and generally give a local resource in regards to politics, legislation, reviews, etc.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I for one didn't join this forum for the classifieds I came here to find folks who like the shooting sport and to learn what I can from them to make me
    better at it. the classifieds was just iceing on the cake,take it away and
    I still have the cake. This is a good place to learn and contribute if I can.
    This site is always growing so I don't think it will disappear any time soon.
    I just love this place.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Without classifields for guns this site isn't going to produce much traffic I don't see them lasting long. Why did they take gun classifields off?

If you need gun classifieds only, go to a gun classifieds only site.

If you want to be a part of a Texas firearms community, stick around.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If I want to buy a gun I shop where they are sold. When I want to shoot the breeze and maybe learn a thing or 2, I come here. On the 5th of April, I'm going to put faces to some of the names and That is going to enhance this site. Give the place a try.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    +1,000,000 for removing the classifieds!!! That's what gunbroker and ebay are for. IMO, they don't sell things on ebay anymore because of the percentage ebay takes and shipping costs. This just lets them post for free.

Wait, why did I post this here????:confused:

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Alan,

IMO you have absolutely no reason to have to explain to people like the original poster why this site is in existence.

Just ignore these kinds of things.

Believe me this is a great forum to talk about guns in Texas.

It is an awesome site.

Some people just want to come in and browse and not post anything. and then they complain about the lack of activity...hmmm.

Great site and I am glad it's here. As far as the classifieds...yeah it sucks they are gone...but that's life.

OH and Alan would you mind putting the "ranking" system on here just like USGT? if that is not too much to ask.

And again. This is an awesome forum.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    OH and Alan would you mind putting the "ranking" system on here just like USGT? if that is not too much to ask.

I'll do it today sometime. I was going to just copy the USGT model but the backgrounds are different colors, so I need to go through and change them all, or make new images.

clement

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found this site by accident. i'm only a couple of days old and think this is one of the better sites. I didnt join because of the classifieds because they were already gone.
    I joined to find like minded people that live close to me or in the same state. I'll be around for along time putting my 2 cents like it or not.
    oh and a get together would be nice.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I found this site by accident. i'm only a couple of days old and think this is one of the better sites. I didnt join because of the classifieds because they were already gone.
    I joined to find like minded people that live close to me or in the same state. I'll be around for along time putting my 2 cents like it or not.
    oh and a get together would be nice.

Look in the Events section - you shall be pleased

We just had the first one up here in Dallas, it was a great time.

Top Bottom