Patriot Mobile

Taxes! Ugh....my Friday night entertainment? Rant, rant, rant.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's Friday 10PM.
    Wife is crashed asleep.

I'm sitting here collating, organizing and assembling the stuff my accountant will need to get my taxes filed.

I'm musing about all the young singles out there partying it up right now and that is damaging my focus on my undertaking.

Well. I have a roof over me, a full belly and a wife a couple rooms away.
    Life is boring at the moment but not at all bad, I suppose.
    I spent 2-4PM alone in the woods walking about and shooting a good bit and that was good.

Rant, rant, rant.........

Time to transition from coffee to a single malt I'm thinking.

H
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm almost done with mine, as well. What I hate is being deep into the paperwork, and SWMBO comes in, asking a question - and rather than take the hint of "In a bit", she pushes......Lord love her, she VERY seldom does that any more - because I'm NOT someone that likes to be distracted when I'm doing detailed paperwork.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My refund doubled because Trump. No rant from me.

Hope what they did keep goes to the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I used Turbo Tax. E-filed on 30 Jan, received refund on 6 Feb. I thought it would be a long wait due to the government shut down, but they set a record getting it to me this year. Wife wants a new fridge, even tho there's nothing wrong with the old one, so it's already spent.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    All my 1099s are finally in, so completing all the forms is my project for today with the bad weather and all. But I am really in no hurry as I pay quarterly estimates anyway and set it up so I have to pay a little more with my return filing as I am only required to prepay 90% of final amount due (85% this year only) without penalty.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Should see my refund Wednesday. Probably just gonna put it away for use in super fly gangsta selfies on instabook or facegram.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I'll sit down and do our taxes soon. I will owe nothing and get nothing back. If you're getting a refund you're doing it wrong. Loaning money to the Government interest free? For what?

Back when I had to pay income tax, both state and federal, I always tried to manage it to where I owed them around $100. Most years I was in the zone.

We're both retired now, our Social Security, her under $100 pension and my sub $1000 pension don't add up to enough to tax. The standard deduction covers us 100%. My VA is non-taxable. We don't pay any property tax so there's nothing to deduct anyway.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Heard a guy say the last tax law change is the most sweeping tax law change since 1986. For those with businesses, there are lots of changes.

Even the return itself looks different. Think they call it a "postcard return."

And HK? I sleep like a baby since I stopped having caffeine after 6pm. And don't need a drink to help me sleep either. Wish I would have tried it years ago. It's been surprising to see how much better I feel overall getting a good nights sleep every night.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I used Turbo Tax. E-filed on 30 Jan, received refund on 6 Feb. I thought it would be a long wait due to the government shut down, but they set a record getting it to me this year. Wife wants a new fridge, even tho there's nothing wrong with the old one, so it's already spent.
    So, You'll now have two beer fridges. ('cause you must already have one beer fridge- right?)

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've been reading about many complaining their refunds dropped or they owed this year due to the changes in the taxes last year. I did a rough run of the numbers yesterday and things seem about the same for me.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Based on an interest rate of .15% my return would have generated $3.75 in interest in 1 year. Granted the tax changes doubled my return from last year and I'll change the withholding this month. BUT that's a cheap price to pay for extra money coming in when the car insurance is due.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I had to take extra out of my IRA for a family matter so I knew I would have to pay. But, I estimated the liability based on 2017 numbers. Imagine my pleasant surprise, when my net owe is less than half based on 2018 rates. Thank you Republicans.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've been reading about many complaining their refunds dropped or they owed this year due to the changes in the taxes last year. I did a rough run of the numbers yesterday and things seem about the same for me.

I don’t know how they would end up paying more, but I do a pretty simple return. Maybe they were in the “don’t actually pay anything in but expect to get some back” crowd. Don’t think that group got any “savings” out of it.

Standard deduction went from 12K to 24K.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Most that complain do not look at there overall tax rate and just look at MY REFUND is less I must have paid more.

Remember in a lot of cases your paycheck increased because less was withheld.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Stillllllll workin.....but I adjust my dependents to a zero-sum-game.

Owed 400 this year....just right. (missed a few years ago and owed 2500..ouch)

Mamma's been doin it for years on TurboTax.

Top Bottom