• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    My first attempt at a Euro-mount of the deer I killed last year.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Nice work.
    I have a friend that does his on taxi work.
    He has gotten very good these days and done two full body coyote's and a couple of turkeys.
    I asked if he would stuff my ex but there seems to be some legalities involved in that - LOL!!!!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've got more then a few euro mounts from africa. Not bad IMHO. Did you saw the skull?

No just un-hinged the lower jaw and removed it.

Some choose to sun bleach skulls. Getting the flesh & brains is best done with dermestid beetles.

I let the sun bleach it a little (~3 weeks). I let the fire ants remove the meat that I couldn't get to. I'm still learning, as you can tell by the crack down the center of the skull.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    No just un-hinged the lower jaw and removed it.

I let the sun bleach it a little (~3 weeks). I let the fire ants remove the meat that I couldn't get to. I'm still learning, as you can tell by the crack down the center of the skull.
    I put the spike I shot a couple years back on an ant pile and it came out OK but I would have liked it to be more.... white.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    OK but I would have liked it to be more.... white.

I think most of the white coloring comes from the fact that I simmered the head for 5 hrs. one day, then another four hrs. the next day, trying to get the meat off. The skull looked fairly white by then. Of cousre with small bits of meat inside the skull, I tied it to a small tree in my back yard hoping the ants would find it. About 3 weeks later I found an ant pile on the other side of the yard, which took care of the bits of meat I couldn't get to. I heard if you use a 60% water/40% bleach mixture, you can lightly bleach the skull with a small wash cloth. My buddy did 3 of his mounts that way and they look really nice.
    Of course I'm not sure when I'll see something that nice to shoot again, but I'm hoping.

Top Bottom