• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Alrighty now, go Texas! We'll keep our rights, and our country's values, they can have the change. go and speak your hearts free people, or you shall not be.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I have a conflict and can't make it to the Fort Worth Tea Party, but just found out that there is one here in my town of Burleson! I will be able to show up for a while at that one!!!!:patriot:

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Just watched a clip from ABC news and they made fun of the people protesting today. They said it is not "grassroots" but more like "AstroTurf". I think that they are reporting on it because it is just too big to ignore, but they are really trying to play it down. In a final statement they said that Obama was not aware of any Tea Party protests. I'm not sure what they meant by that. Bart

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Just watched a clip from ABC news and they made fun of the people protesting today. They said it is not "grassroots" but more like "AstroTurf". I think that they are reporting on it because it is just too big to ignore, but they are really trying to play it down. In a final statement they said that Obama was not aware of any Tea Party protests. I'm not sure what they meant by that. Bart

I do not understand their hatred of America.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Overall the left media...or Obama supporters...or democrats...or?...are doing their very best to 1. minimize conservatives/republicans/rightwings and 2. stigmatize by labels...extremist, terrorists ? (according to DHS).

Basically its the fight over semantics whether or not this is a partisan thing or not.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Just got back.

Lots of people of all ages. Lots and lots of great signs. No posters for us, but we did go packing 8 American flags. We got there around 2:30 and had no problem finding parking. Had to wait outside for an hour. People were driving by waving, thumbs upping, and honking. People in line were waving, shouting, cheering, showing off their posters, flag waving, etc.. The wife and kids loved it, it was a blast!

Will check the wife's and kid's pictures later, after dinner/news/website, I'll post pics I like.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The SA party was a lot of fun. I ducked out a little early, but the big names were already done and I wanted some food. Plus, I'd already been on my feet for several hours.

Glenn Beck was fun to listen to, and Ted Nugent is... well, he's Ted Nugent. Only he would tell people to take the anger and rage they were venting at the Tea Party home tonight, wrap it up tight and shove it up their legislators' asses tomorrow. He rocked the Star Spangled Banner, too.

Some idiot (lefty plant?!) showed up with a white supremacy sign ("Save white America!") He didn't stick around long. People made some rather anatomically unlikely suggestions on where to store the sign in an angry tone of voice, and he moved on rather quickly. Wise choice. There were folks of all colors and from all walks of life there, unified by their love of freedom.

These are what America is about.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    First ... M Sage ... you could have come straight from work

96cd8acc.gif

on to the main show ...

33579f0e.gif

4dcbaf12.gif

5d56ea40.gif

5d429e3a.gif

fee899d4.gif

6389a75e.gif

876b1bbf.gif

15c56e7b.gif

970433c4.gif

59fd53f0.gif

e1163821.gif

56fa3361.gif

59a47d2f.gif

0bb79a83.gif

5593cc1e.gif

1f0b1f17.gif

57b21408.gif

5386a1aa.gif

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Sounds like a good time yall. I watched Cavuto and Beck's coverage so that was great. Would have enjoyed being out there though.

Speaking of flags, I saw one that I was a bit irked was being waved around. But that's another discussion for another time.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    HA! Just watched the local nbc (click2houston) news on the web, my wife and kid (he took the camera man's pic) came out for 3/4 of a second. She's the lady at the end of the signs waving a flag around 1:01. Funny stuff ... You can barely see the top of my head and black hair ...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    First ... M Sage ... you could have come straight from work

96cd8acc.gif

I thought about it, but I didn't want to give the national media any more ammo by putting a pic of a dirty white boy up and saying "look at the rednecks these things drew."

But to me, that's an awesome and beautiful pic. Work your ass off all day, then go holler for the .gov to do the right thing - nothing better in the world.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    But to me, that's an awesome and beautiful pic. Work your ass off all day, then go holler for the .gov to do the right thing - nothing better in the world.

:patriot: You got that right!

I honked in support asI drove through the crowded streets in Houston on my way out of downtown. One thing that I saw that irked me a bit was an anti-tea party woman with a sign that read "Glenn Beck, American Idiot." I thought about yelling something at her, but she did have the courtesy to stand on the opposite side of the street from the event...and she was kinda hot. ;)

Top Bottom