• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Nah, there's a Tea Party downtown. Wanted to join Glenn Beck in SA where he'll be broadcasting live on Fox.

You sure? I've been told that Ted Nugent is going to be here.

I'll have to talk to the boss tomorrow about getting a half day or something.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    My wife had shown me this about a week ago. We're considering trying to make it if we can...you never know, there's only so much you can pack into two weeks. Maybe we should find out who from TGT is going and make a group outing, kind of like an extra Meet & Greet.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Was thinking the park & ride, walking it from U of H downtown area parking, or parking at a friends (longer walk). If we didn't have puppies, I'd park early and take the bus to the zoo, walk the tunnels, and/or go to the library.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    GET READY FOR TEA PARTY!!!

Posted on April 8th, 2009 Felicia Cravens

We want the Tea Party experience to be fun and inspiring for all who attend. This is a time to rally, support each other, and stand up for our country and stand against the out-of-control federal government. It may not be comfortable to spend an afternoon packed into Jones Plaza with thousands of others. But remember what lengths our Founding Fathers had to go to in order to secure our liberties, and what feats of bravery and deprivation our troops still undergo to maintain those liberties. Your sacrifice of your time and effort, and maybe a little comfort, at the Tea Party will pay off as we demand change in Washington.
    Remember, the Tea Party is like the pep rally before the big game. It ISN’T the game! The “game” is developing a habit of activism and involvement! The “game” is refusing to let Washington power grabs go unchecked anymore. The “game” is vowing today to hold elected officials accountable, and not to let them get away with ignoring us anymore!

Here are a few things you need to know about attending the Tea Party on April 15th:

· Signs can NOT be attached to sticks or holders of any kind. All signs must be hand-held.
    · Carpool! What better way to enjoy the Tea Party experience than with others! Take a full car downtown! If everyone does this, parking will be a breeze!
    · Parking in most downtown event garages runs around $9. Having the cash on hand will make parking much easier.
    · Handicapped parking will be available in the streets surrounding Jones Plaza. Officers and Tea Party volunteers will help people who need to park close by find an appropriate spot.
    · Turn the Metro Rail into the Tea Party Express! The Metro Rail stops a few blocks away at the Preston station, so people who want to ride the rail may find it easier to park near the Binz station or at the south end of the rail line.
    · Sign in! In order to prevent the media from undercounting the event the way they did on February 27th, make sure you sign in at a sign-in table. We found the media undercounted us by about 70%. This was because they arrived late to our event and caught people leaving.
    · Seating for the elderly and for people who have difficulty standing long periods will be available in the front of the stage. Make sure to see a Tea Party volunteer about access to seats if you require them.
    · This event will be crowded! Please be patient and recognize the limits of the venue. We originally booked Jones Plaza because the number of people expected to attend would not be safe on the sidewalks across from the post office. The response has exceeded all our expectations, and we may not have room in the Plaza for all who intend to join us!
    · Should the police decide we’ve reached capacity in the Plaza, they may close off entrances for a time, allowing more people in only as others leave. Since people will be coming and going, the wait should not be long if you find the Plaza closed off. Stick around!
    · There are numerous restaurants just off the Plaza, especially on Louisiana, and we’ve been informed that the Café Bistro inside Jones Plaza will be open for business as well, selling snack-bar items. We also have a vendor selling water and soda, and proceeds from THAT vendor benefit the Houston Tea Party Society.
    · Many groups will be passing out literature at the event. Please make sure you review any petitions you are asked to sign. We have been warned that ACORN will be attempting to either deceive attendees or disrupt the rallies. If you notice anyone acting aggressive or belligerent, report them to one of the officers in the Plaza as soon as you can.
    · We WILL march on the post office at the end of the rally. We will also have another destination to march to, but we will tell you about that at the event.
    · Checklist to bring:
    o Signs with bailout facts, stimulus facts, wish lists, or other sayings
    o Monopoly money – just a bill or two. You’ll see why.
    o Flags – let’s have a sea of American flags in the Plaza!
    o Sunscreen – the sun ought to be out a long while during the rally, so be safe
    o Tea bags – bring just one, and write your name on it. One of the local congressmen pledges to take all tea bags back to Washington D.C. and deliver them personally!

Make sure to e-mail info@houstontps.org if you need information before the event. God bless, and we will see you there!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The theme of this party is TAXES, not the 2nd. Read this:
    Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: Tea Party

According to Beck, he is NOT speaking. See the above link.

Regardless, I'll be there! (S.A. that is) I just dread the parking situation.

I can't get time off from work, so I'll be there after I get out of work at 6:30. I think I'll bring a change of clothes so I don't have to go wearing dirty mechanic togs.

I will however still be a dirty mechanic.

Top Bottom