• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    This is one thing that I would love to get back into, mor of a family tradition. Dad used to smoke briskets, sausage, chicken, hell jsut about anything you can cook went into that smoker. Wood mix was mostly oak, but you had pecan, peach and a tad bit of mesquite in there for bite. Smoke 'em all night and take them to work the next morning and the guys would buy them off of him; made a pretty side buck as well on it... Sure do miss the old man's cooking.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just got back from a family Christmas BBQ at Dads house and the food was excellent. Smoked beef shoulder clod, sausage and chicken. An awesome meal as always.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I can see it now...The TGT BBQ Masters!!!
    pistol-grill_48.jpg

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I seen that pit when I went out there to meet TR. That's a big pit. My cousin uses an old New braunfels smoker and that does a pretty good job. I've built a few back when I was welding for a living that were pretty good. I like to use mesquite in my little R2D2 smoker as well.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The hardest part of building a pit is getting it started. After you get it squared away and get it on the support how you want it, it's pretty easy going. Unless you start to get real fancy with it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Amen on the "getting it started"!! It's always a challenge to get folks on the same page, especially if you're working with help that's never done it before - but it IS fun, because they get to learn as they go!

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Here are some more pics of the "Little" pit we are building.. We designed a crane boom and luffer to assist opening the doors. THis is the first of the two booms. Door weighs 63 lbs. The counter weight on the end of the cable is only 24 lbs, thanks to the 2-part line on the hook. MG

Top Bottom