Guns International

teacher's 10 year shaving strike ends with death of Osama Bin Ladin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Teacher?s 10 year shaving strike ends with Bin Laden?s death - Video - National People in the News | Examiner.com

On September 11, 2001, Gary Weddle was working as a substitute teacher in Wenatchee, Washington. Like many Americans, Weddle was glued to his television set after the brutal attacks and was so absorbed by the news, he wasn't eating, showering or shaving.
    As the stubble on his face became longer, he decided he would not shave his beard until the mastermind of the attacks, Osama bin Laden, was either captured or killed. Although Weddle believed the capture would happen quickly, six months tops, bin Laden eluded authorities for nearly 10 years. The following year, Weddle was hired at the Ephrata Middle School as a 7th and 8th grade science teacher. Although he wanted to shave, he did not, and his beard continued to grow. With each new school year, Weddle told his students his beard served as a reminder of the September 11th attacks.
    But when reports surfaced Sunday evening that Osama bin Laden had in fact been killed, Weddle did something he hadn’t done in 3,454 days. After several minutes of crying on hearing the news, he picked up a razor and the scissors, headed to the bathroom and shaved off that beard! “I couldn’t get it off fast enough,” the 50-year-old said. In a television interview with ABC News, Weddle said he had no idea he'd be growing that beard for 10 years and probably should have given up watermelon instead!
    Advertisement

Today, Weddle shared a few thoughts in an email. Quoting Harvey Samuel Firestone, "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself."
    Weddle added, “There is no such thing as a good war, but there is good in a just war. Going after those who threaten my country, my family, my values, my independence... to love and serve as I choose, as promised in the Bill of Rights, practiced through the Constitution of the United States is necessary." He added, "We don't need dictators, bullies, nor the greedy, selfish, killing criminals. Sure, it may sound a little outdated but those who know their history know it’s true. United we can stand, and divided we will fall. I'm very pleased with those who continue to protect the interests of the U.S. I'm nearly devastated by the loss of life and limb by those who serve."
    And with those words and decade-long conviction, Weddle reminds us how one person can make a difference. And for the first time in nearly 10 years, Gary Weddle is a clean-shaven and much younger looking man!

Venture Surplus ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    SO in order to keep a reminder for 9/11, he grew his beard to look like Osama's?

09181197fd3029925ab4662a265bdd38.jpg

Top Bottom