• majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not good!

Teaching Assistant Hit By Stray Bullet

San Antonio police were to run ballistics tests on a bullet that struck a San Antonio Independent School District teaching assistant at an elementary school campus Thursday afternoon.

School district officials were told the bullet was fired “from some long distance away, possibly into the air, and it happened to hit her,” said district spokeswoman Josie Garcia.

(Full article at link)

At least we know it didn't come from Bracken!

Cheers! M2

Venture Surplus ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Darn unlucky of her. Looks like she is gonna make a full recovery. Glad to hear that.

SE side of town. A Place to Shoot isn't that far. I wonder what, "running ballistics" means. Is that atually looking at the rifling or guestimating the location from the tragectory/energy ect.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Place to Shoot isn't that far.

Actually, according to GoogleEarth, A Place To Shoot is over six miles to the south of the school. Plus, the range there points just slightly north of due east, while the school is just slightly east of due north. Here's a crappy graphic:

ShootingMap.jpg

The arrow roughly depicts the direction of the ranges at A Place To Shoot, and the fuzzy red line is 6.1 miles long.

Obviously this isn't a scientific approach to the evidence, just an interpretation of what little information we've got; but I think it still shows that the chances of the stray round having come from A Place To Shoot are low.

Cheers! M2

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    It's like Kurt Vonnegut's Dead Eye Dick has come to life...only she wasn't vacuuming and presumably not pregnant.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Im betting gangbanger stupid idiot scumbag needs to be put in a metal box and dumped in the ocean, crap.
    Gangbanger are too stupid to find their way to a gun range. Thats why they shoot their guns in the air like a bunch of retard.
    How many people do yall know that pop off rounds into the air unless their bird hunting?
    Thats something that I never do and wont put up with someone else doing it around me either.

Top Bottom