• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    It seems Teague PD thought their violation of someone's rights was brag worthy, felony charges for pepper spray and "armor piercing ammunition."

XzEUlb4.jpg
    wGC3cbC.jpg

They have since deleted the post because they were getting blasted on FB by people quoting the actual law.

dCcE6DZ.jpg
    BZp3aro.jpg
    3YJNMsR.jpg
    Guns International

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Since when is M855/green tip illegal?
    (Per the FB post of Marie Gallagher)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Since when is M855/green tip illegal?
    (Per the FB post of Marie Gallagher)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's not and wouldn't be illegal in this situation even if that was what it was. I think that poster was just confused; Obama admin did try to have M855 classified as AP but it was stopped.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Looks to me like a whole lot of ignorance. I'm kind of surprised they didn't call them fully automatic firearms on top of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Translation.

Non-Complainant = Refused the search

Backup Assistance = pressure by the amount of officers to trample the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments. General thuggery.

Armor piercing = a magnet will stick to it.

Continued investigation = records of the stop and procedures followed or not are off limits to the public until the district attorney can find a way to cover their a$$es.

Hold the person accountable = Also known as "POPO". "Pissing Off Police Officer" (usually by saying No). Also includes, "You can beat the rap but not the ride".

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Some people on the facebook thread I saw this on are claiming that the prohibited weapon charge for the pepper spray could potentially stick.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm

Sec. 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS.
    (4) a chemical dispensing device;
    Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS.
    (14) "Chemical dispensing device" means a device, other than a small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection, that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of dispensing a substance capable of causing an adverse psychological or physiological effect on a human being.

The argument is that the pepper spray pictured are "medium" sized instead of small. Since there is no definition of what constitutes a legal "small" sized pepper spray bottle the police/DA could force the person to argue it in court.

#TheProcessIsThePunishment

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yup. Walmart now sells, commercially on the shelf in sporting goods, the larger cans of bear spray. Basically, if it can be bought by over the counter or by mail without any special license or permit, it is sold commercially.
    They might get it to court, but it is probably going to cost them in the long run.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Translation.

Non-Complainant = Refused the search

..... Also includes, "You can beat the rap but not the ride".

Sure, but not beating the ride didn't used to include bragging about it on facebook. That has always been more of a private saying. Once you go posting it all over social media, bad things can happen.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well, I am going to get roasted over this, but here we go;

Disband 90+% of all municipal police departments and turn law enforcement over to the counties.

Does a city with a population of 3560 really need a police department?

Mustang Ridge has a population of 1800 and 15 police officers. Is that really necessary?

Revenue generation is the sole purpose of these micro cities police departments.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Teague is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Before today, I would have said they serve a purpose other than speeding tickets. With rampant drugs in rural areas, these departments would, at first glance, seem important. Having idiots on staff might nullify that.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Our local friendly (???) PD has that beat. Population 900. Full time police officers 8. And then the State came thru, widened the road, and put their own speed limits (45 instead of 30). Tore up their little playhouse. Now they still have only 3-4, population still 900.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hope the full story comes out.

It's possible that the driver was a complete ass (ever see a sovereign citizen vid?), and it's possible the cop was a complete ass.

Wonder if Teague PD has body cams.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Re: small town PD's and ticket income
    Towns are limited as far as to what percentage of their total revenue can come from traffic tickets. This law was passed back in the 80's, as I recall. Almost put Selma out of business.

I have no problem with small towns having PD's, as the county response time can be pretty slow. And as a rule, I am a proponent of local control. The downside is the potential for situations such as this.

Regardless of the driver acting like a jerk (if he did), that is no excuse for false charges.

Top Bottom