• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hey guys, things were taking off in the other thread full of good ideas, so I wanted to just have one primary one where I can catalog wedding ideas and have things in order. We have enough wedding planners on here, I'm sure the ideas will be plenty.

We want to incorporate some shooting/wedding/reception. I'll add things to this post as we lock them in. Of course, changes are an option and will probably happen. Lol

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I really like the idea of two men in the background shooting to seal the deal. I'm not a fan of bird shot getting sent up around a crowd of people though - wind and whatnot. I was thinking maybe empty out the shot shells and filling them with Ground up chalk instead. I want to go to the range first and see how bad the cloud will be from doing this.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    We originally thought Hicksville might work, but the more we're talking about it the more we're thinking of another range. We have a few phone calls to make and places to visit next weekend, and we'll get back with y'all on a new range location. We love the Hicks', but we have multiple things at play we're trying to make work.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That time of year, Shiny Top Range might work by Salado. They have pits and a cook shack as well as the ranges.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I meant to ask you about that one. Thanks for bringing it up. That's in one of the areas I've been looking at for a venue.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    BOTW rents private bays that might work too.
    That's the other one we're looking at. Salado and Georgetown both have nice wedding venues.
    If you want me to, I can talk to Doc or help you get with him about it. Let me know.

Ok, we are probably gonna try to stop in on Friday. Do you want to just send me his number and tell him to be expecting us?

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    If anyone is going shooting anytime soon, can you save the casings? Preferably the high brass shotgun shells. I've got ideas for centerpieces.

Flashcb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Magnolia, TX
    Black powder in a shotgun shell with floral foam to hold it in? maybe a little glitter in them? Make em stand downwind to shoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I really like the idea of two men in the background shooting to seal the deal. I'm not a fan of bird shot getting sent up around a crowd of people though - wind and whatnot. I was thinking maybe empty out the shot shells and filling them with Ground up chalk instead. I want to go to the range first and see how bad the cloud will be from doing this.

Reload them bird seed or rice. Pull the crimp up enough on some low brass target to dump the shot out, fill it with birdseed or rice, push the crimp back down the best you can, dob the middle of the crimp with low temp glue.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've not read the previous posts, that said, don't go down the road of wedding B.S.

Go somewhere they don't know you.

Get a JP to do the marrying job.

The incredible expense, bother and overall aggravation isn't worth it.

The wedding thing is an evolved and Frankenstienean holdover from agrarian times.

Please, don't give in to it.

If your in-laws are willing to pay for this - ask them to spend the same amount on your purchase of a home or something akin to it.

The enormous amount of money (at times) spent on weddings, when it could be spent wisely is heart breaking...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've not read the previous posts, that said, don't go down the road of wedding B.S.

Go somewhere they don't know you.

Get a JP to do the marrying job.

The incredible expense, bother and overall aggravation isn't worth it.

The wedding thing is an evolved and Frankenstienean holdover from agrarian times.

Please, don't give in to it.

If your in-laws are willing to pay for this - ask them to spend the same amount on your purchase of a home or something akin to it.

The enormous amount of money (at times) spent on weddings, when it could be spent wisely is heart breaking...
    Dude, we're in here excited about a ceremony we both want, and we both want to include our TGT family in. If it's not what you like - fine. There's litterally nothing to be gained by posting what you did. We've both been married before and know what we want going through with this. We'd both appreciate negativity being kept out of this thread.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well said.

I talked to Doc Jones at Shiny Top today. He said it is very do-able. Shooting, wedding and reception. Alchohol within reason given the venue.
    Give him a call. 254 760 4489. Or better yet. I would recomend meeting with him at the ranch in person.
    By the way, they do have a church right there on the ranch also. Non-denominational. Pastor Jones is a really nice guy as well. And has a CHL too.

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Most definitely :D
    Open invite to our TGT family.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom