Capitol Armory ad

Tearing down confederate monuments meanwhile at the U.N.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    They've elected Saudi Arabia to the women's rights commission. This is a country that did not outlaw slavery until the 1970s! Meanwhile we tear down monuments of soldiers that fought in the bloodiest war in American history and desecrate their memories. It doesn't matter who was right or wrong, the fact remains both sides of the Civil War were American.

I sometimes wonder if the liberals just think of new ways to piss on history while ignoring the clear and present imminent danger that seeks to kill THEM FIRST.
    Venture Surplus ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I took a motorcycle trip with a lady named Rita down through North and South Carolina. We always liked to stop in the old cemeteries where tombstones eloquently described the never forgotten battles against the Yankee invaders.

I was in Vicksburg, Mississippi on the fourth of July one year and there were absolutely NO decorations, fireworks or celebration for the holiday. Vicksburg fell into Yankee hands on the Fourth of July and those folks will never forget it.

Libtard whiners may make a few well publicized reversals of Civil War heritage, but the Civil War is very much a part of their lives! The South has not forgotten the war. It lives in their hearts even in 2017!

Flash

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It definitely cemented the federal governments resolve to disregard the constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

A few problems with the city government of New Orleans removing the statues to the CSA's veterans:
    1. THREE of the 4 CSA statues are PRIVATELY-OWNED (by the United Daughters of the Confederacy) and the land under the monuments is also privately owned. - The 4th monument belongs to the State of LA & the land under that monument is also State-owned.
    (The city government of New Orleans knows that the statues/monuments are NOT theirs to remove/not remove but are doing this because they don't care about other people's PRIVATE PROPERTY or FACTS. - What they are doing is popular with about 30% of the citizens of New Orleans & most of the rest don't know or care that the LAWS of Louisiana are being violated.)
    2. The current "popular opinion" that TWBTS was "all about slavery" or even "mostly about slavery" is patently FALSE. - Even Abraham Lincoln stated 5 times in letters & public speeches that the war was "only about preservation of The Union" and that he cared NOTHING about "ending slavery". = Lincoln was a stone RACIST, who considered Asians, Blacks, Latinos, NAs, Jews, Roman Catholics, Mormons, Quakers & "muddy-coloured people" (mixed-bloods like ME for example) to be NON-HUMANS.
    3. About 6 months before he died, General Sherman told THE NEW YORK POST in response to the question, "General, did your troops free many slaves during the late war?" - Sherman laughed uproariously & the said, "Why of course we did. We freed many hundreds of them from being alive."
    4. Nearly 25% of the CSA's military forces were "other than white" people. - Are any readers ignorant/foolish enough to believe that those "non-whites" were fighting/dying FOR slavery?
    and
    5. Only about FOUR PERCENT of the CSA armed forces were slave-owners.
    (Most slave-owners were able to bribe their way out of serving in the forces,
    (They didn't tell you that in school, did they?)

In other word, the "city fathers" of New Orleans are FOOLS/LIARS & deserve being kicked out of their offices.

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Sounds like they removed the one owned by the city/state no? They are within their purview to do that.

As to the Confederates, as our spiritual leader once said:
    images

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

The STATE of LA has repeatedly told the city that the city may NOT remove that monument but the "city fathers" managed to get a court decision that "sets aside" the State's right to retain the State's property. = Obviously, the courts of New Orleans don't care that the city is essentially stealing the property of "the citizens of LA".

FACTS are GOOD things to know.
    yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

What exactly do you want a cite for? - Also, WHY should I waste my time doing research for something that you could find if you wanted to spend your time looking for the exact court case?
    (Could it be that you simply are stalling to try to avoid admitting that you are factually wrong?)

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    zincwarrior,

What exactly do you want a cite for? -

yours, satx

In light of your past posts, anything you profess to be accurate.

Now is this the monument to the racists who killed the four cops you are referrring to, which had the excellent inscription:
    "[Democrats] McEnery and Penn[SUP][17][/SUP] having been elected governor and lieutenant-governor by the white people, were duly installed by this overthrow of carpetbag government, ousting the usurpers, Governor Kellogg (white) and Lieutenant-Governor Antoine (colored). United States troops took over the state government and reinstated the usurpers but the national election of November 1876 recognized white supremacy in the South and gave us our state."
    (Battle of Liberty Place monument)?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    It definitely cemented the federal governments resolve to disregard the constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say that and the FDR Presidency. After he threatened to stuff SCOTUS they suddenly switched and started siding with him. The original government agency regulation enabling language is particularly destructive, suddenly giving bureaucracies the power of law with minimal real constitutional oversight.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

I ask again, are you "assigning homework" to try to keep form admitting that you know NOTHING about this situation other than the LEFTIST DIMocRATS propaganda that the "main-SLIME media" spews into print & onto the public airwaves?

Btw, when have you ever provided prime sources for the bilge that you routinely post??

SORRY, I don't have either the interest or the time to do "homework", as 99% of the time when a person on this forum demands sources, it's only to avoid admitting their own ignorance & errors of fact. = Requesting that someone else provide proof takes neither intelligence, knowledge nor thought & 99% it's nothing more than a "stalling technique".
    (I used to try to do research here but quickly learned that when documented PROOF was posted, that the "person demanding sources" then said, "I don't accept that. Find more sources.".)

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    zincwarrior,

I ask again, are you "assigning homework" to try to keep form admitting that you know NOTHING about this situation other than the LEFTIST DIMocRATS propaganda that the "main-SLIME media" spews into print & onto the public airwaves?

Btw, when have you ever provided prime sources for the bilge that you routinely post??

SORRY, I don't have either the interest or the time to do "homework", as 99% of the time when a person on this forum demands sources, it's only to avoid admitting their own ignorance & errors of fact. = Requesting that someone else provide proof takes neither intelligence, knowledge nor thought & 99% it's nothing more than a "stalling technique".
    (I used to try to do research here but quickly learned that when documented PROOF was posted, that the "person demanding sources" then said, "I don't accept that. Find more sources.".)

yours, satx

Translation, I can't cite shit.

So is that the same monument you're moaning about, the one celebrating the killing of four police officers by racists? Wow, if thats your side then wow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom