• ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    This is getting very frustrating!!!!!
    I bought a Pietta 44-40 Revolver on Gunbroker from a retailer in Oklahoma.
    Test firing revealed that it shot about 8 inches left of ‘point-of-aim’ at about 50 feet.
    Upon inspection I found the cylinder was too far advanced and contacted CAI (the importer) about repair/replacement. They sent a shipping label and instructions for a return authorization.

I sent the revolver to the VT. facility and was told that it was not repairable and that CAI was refunding the retailer in Oklahoma. (I thought WTF???)

I contacted the retailer and was told that YES they got a refund on the credit card and could only refund the amount THEY paid for the revolver. They would NOT refund the entire purchase. In the grand scheme of things they have done everything right. They bought a firearm, marketed it and sold it for a profit. They don’t have the firearm back and can’t resell so they are DONE!!!! Why the importer would refund the retailer makes no sense other than to save money and ATTEMPT to put the responsibility on someone else.

If I buy a TV from Walmart and send it back to the manufacturer for warranty, why would they refund Walmart and then direct me to talk to them for compensation???????
    Walmart did what it was supposed to do, RETAIL THE PRODUCT. They don’t have it anymore!!!!

I paid almost $500 for purchase, shipping and FFL transfer but the retailer paid $349 and that was the amount refunded. The $349 was all they would send me.

I contacted CAI about replacing the revolver with a comparable .357 or .45 since 44WCF was no longer being made.

I have NOT heard back but I don’t think I should have to suffer a $145 penalty for buying a defective product.

3 States are involved in this transaction so I don’t know what my options are regarding filing a case in small claims court. (WHAT STATE???)

Maybe I should contact Judge Judy or ‘The People Court’ but a firearm related suit or binding arbitration would NOT be on National TV!!!!!!!!!! I GARRONTEE.

bob
    Hurley's Gold

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    the FFL that sold it should have taken it back and refunded your money. but I bet he had terms in the fine print saying otherwise.

PBR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Houston
    well first off like stated above if paid with cc contact them -- nonetheless whom you bought the gun for should refund you the entire price -- they are still 150 up -- you gave them 500 their profit off the sale was 150 cause they gave 350 -- then they were refunded the entire amount 350 -- in no way should they make 150 profit for absolutely nothing -- you will probably have to contact someone in their state or area and see what steps to take -- tell them if they dont give you the 150 back you will sue them -- they can't profit and you get nothing -- could end up a civil matter but nonetheless you are owed that 150 back -- are they an actual dealer?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That's jacked up. If the retailer doesn't refund you the full price you paid, you should out them. Here, there and everywhere.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The problem is that when you win an auction on Gun Broker most sellers want a MONEY ORDER. I sent a Postal Money Order like I do with most winning bids. Sellers usually have MANY sales on GB and an A+ rating (as do I).

I sent the revolver to the IMPORTER so they should deal with ME. (They have the revolver)

The retailer sold the Pietta for $450 + shipping ($475) and then $20 for FFL transfer here in TX. He made $100 profit and UPS made a profit and the FFL made $20 and I have NO GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone has something (money or metal) but ME.

bob

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Make sure go give feedback to Gun Broker, they do a fair job of standing up for the customer, especially with dealers that have many auctions. Since almost in every case, the same item is available from multiple sellers and about the same price, reputation is a very big item for most sellers.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    We'll, it's certainly on the importer FIRST. How on EARTH did the importer refund the dealer, not the customer? That is shady right there and so poor in taste and dishonest, because they know they are out less $$ by doing it that way, rather than taking care of their customer. That's crap and I would stay away from that importer forever. It's not the dealer's fault their weapon is faulty.

Now, the dealer might offer something more back in addition to what they received from the importer back as a customer service staff point, but are in no way obligated to. Most have an all sales are final policy to protect themselves from many issues that can arise post sale. What if that dealer couldn't afford to refund entirely? Should the dealer be penalized because of another company's bad product?

I would go after the importer because it's they made the decision to refund a party that no longer should have been involved, then talk to the dealer and see if you can work something out, maybe store credit, partial money back, etc.

Sucks and happened to a stand up guy. Hope someone gets you money back.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    "I contacted the retailer and was told that YES they got a refund on the credit card and could only refund the amount THEY paid for the revolver. They would NOT refund the entire purchase. In the grand scheme of things they have done everything right. They bought a firearm, marketed it and sold it for a profit. They don’t have the firearm back and can’t resell so they are DONE!!!! Why the importer would refund the retailer makes no sense other than to save money and ATTEMPT to put the responsibility on someone else."

Am I missing something here? The seller is being reimbursed by the manufacturer. The seller pays the buyer what they were reimbursed. Seller is makes a profit on a defective item that was returned. Why should the seller make a profit on a return. Nor should they deduct for the shipping and handling expense either since the item was defective. At least provide a credit for the full amount.

BS! Your owed a full refund or store credit. Period.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    And don't forget to post your story in every social media outlet you can....and name names. The hit to the store's reputation will cost them more than the "profit" they made.

I want to know who the retailer is. Do they have a brick and mortar store?

Top Bottom