• ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Seriously? This is what you call "heel behavior"?:

I suppose we have different definitions of "heel"...
    Depends on your perspective. From the establishment perspective he's the heel. Perhaps a better archetype would be a foil? Either way, make no mistake that Cruz is another character in the same story as the rest of them.
    Lynx Defense

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    +1 on Cruz not being anyone's "heel"...

He's simply a pure constitutionalist and a rule follower...

If that aligns as appearing to be a "heel" for anyone from time to time, so be it... in the end, he's simply on the side of truth and the personal liberties that this nation's founders felt necessary to protect in the bill of rights, including 2A.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ya'll are assuming it's a bad thing... I like Cruz's character and to the original point of the thread I'd rather have him playing it on the SCOTUS than in the Senate.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Why is it that people couldn’t figure this out during the primaries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like Cruz, voted for him in the primaries in fact. The one thing about the past Presidential election was that HRC was on the other side. Not only does she fight normal lefty dirty, she fights Clinton dirty. Cruz is infinitely smarter than her but no way he could win against her. Yes, his debating skills could crush her but she plays dirty and Cruz, as almost all GOP, try to be the better person and use facts and reason and the emotions of the left steamroll us. Introduce some sort of politics questionnaire, or politics knowledge "poll tax" in order to vote and we'd have an advantage. Until then those that want everything handed to them will continue to vote for those that promise it unless we can sell our system more effectively.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Cruz is a SOLID conservative and his Dad makes Ted look like a far left, LOL. Ever get a chance to hear his Dad talk, go see him and get a full dose of conservative!

Ted has argued before SCOTUS 9 times IIRC and and runs in a VERY ELITE circle of 9 lawyers that can argue before SCOTUS...note: ANY lawyer can apply, but very few get the chance. Cruz IMO his highest calling in life would be SCOTUS. We need a Constitutionalist up there. I personally think the test of being a liberal or conservative is a 'does not apply', rather what does is your stand on the Constitution. There are plenty of conservatives that believe the Constitution should be a living document, just like no shortage of far left who have a CCL, hunt and fish and own guns.

What I want is someone who is a hard liner on the Constitution and nothing in the Constitution speaks louder than the 2nd Amend.

When I had breakfast with Cruz a couple of years back and it was just he and I, I looked him the eye and asked him my "Acid Test". I want to know exactly where you stand on the 2nd RKBA? IF you answer begins with: Huma-Huma, or you look down at your feet and shuffle, say 'well if' or 'it depends' then there is no need of you going any further, you have told me everything I need to know and I will thank you and leave.

He looked me the eye and said: "I support the 2nd as it was written!"

I have that question of a lot of those running for office and Ted's answer was the shortest and straightest of any I have ever got. Some of them squirm like slug crawling thru salt. I don't wait, at that point I cut them off, says thanks and turn and walk out of the meeting.

TOM-M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Cruz is a SOLID conservative and his Dad makes Ted look like a far left, LOL. Ever get a chance to hear his Dad talk, go see him and get a full dose of conservative!

Ted has argued before SCOTUS 9 times IIRC and and runs in a VERY ELITE circle of 9 lawyers that can argue before SCOTUS...note: ANY lawyer can apply, but very few get the chance. Cruz IMO his highest calling in life would be SCOTUS. We need a Constitutionalist up there. I personally think the test of being a liberal or conservative is a 'does not apply', rather what does is your stand on the Constitution. There are plenty of conservatives that believe the Constitution should be a living document, just like no shortage of far left who have a CCL, hunt and fish and own guns.

What I want is someone who is a hard liner on the Constitution and nothing in the Constitution speaks louder than the 2nd Amend.

When I had breakfast with Cruz a couple of years back and it was just he and I, I looked him the eye and asked him my "Acid Test". I want to know exactly where you stand on the 2nd RKBA? IF you answer begins with: Huma-Huma, or you look down at your feet and shuffle, say 'well if' or 'it depends' then there is no need of you going any further, you have told me everything I need to know and I will thank you and leave.

I have that question of a lot of those running for office and Ted's answer was the shortest and straightest of any I have ever got. Some of them squirm like slug crawling thru salt. I don't wait, at that point I cut them off, says thanks and turn and walk out of the meeting.
    Ditto on Rafael. One of the best speakers I've ever listened to. He's lived, breathed, and been persecuted by tyranny, so the guy knows what he talks about.

I'm all for Ted on SCOTUS. The selfish side of me fears another Cornyn (Douchebag, TX) as a replacement, but we do need more Constitutionalists on the SC...and Gorsuch just recently proved he ain't one.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ditto on Rafael. One of the best speakers I've ever listened to. He's lived, breathed, and been persecuted by tyranny, so the guy knows what he talks about.

I'm all for Ted on SCOTUS. The selfish side of me fears another Cornyn (Douchebag, TX) as a replacement, but we do need more Constitutionalists on the SC...and Gorsuch just recently proved he ain't one.
    AIN'T that the TRUTH...and ever since Scalia was MURDERED we lost our biggest supporter on the 2nd.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

What I want is someone who is a hard liner on the Constitution and nothing in the Constitution speaks louder than the 2nd Amendment.

Agreed, 100%.

I am old enough to recall many personal stories I heard from those escaping Castro's "Revolution" back in the late 1950's. I recall one young man telling me of finding his brother nailed to a tree, by large nail driven through his forehead & brain.

The primary duty of any "Justice" is to APPLY the Constitution in restriction of government, not citizens. They take an oath to do so. Any who don't should be impeached and imprisoned !

leVieux

TOM-M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Did anyone miss where Gorsuch just sided with the Dems on immigration?
    Sigh...

Nope.

What disappoints me almost as much as his psychobabble decision is the general excuse making by "conservative" talking heads, laying the fault on vague law...the morning radio show folks at Breitbart included.

Here's a pretty decent, IMO, summary of why the Gorsuch decision was wrong, if anybody's interested:

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/gorsuch-dead-wrong-immigration/

Top Bottom