Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    [url]http://www.kiiitv.com/news/txstatenews/48799027.html[/URL]

KIIITV News

Story Created: Jun 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Jun 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM CDT

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) - A 16-year-old Galveston girl has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in the accidental shooting death of her 12-year-old sister.

Lt. D.J. Alvarez of the Galveston Police Department said Monday that their mother also may face charges for making a firearm accessible to a child. Alvarez said the mother was in the home when the incident occurred.
    The teenager was playing with a gun when it accidentally went off Sunday morning, striking her sister in her upper torso. The younger girl then died at a hospital.
    The 16-year-old is being held at the Galveston County Juvenile Detention Center.
    Military Camp

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The mother needs to be charged!
    What is it with some parents that have guns? Just no sense or is it that attitude that my kids do every thing I tell them so I don't have to secure my gun! All my guns were locked up and the key was always on me, so my kids could not get to my guns. Even if they manage to get in the safe,every gun had a trigger lock and those keys were hide else where.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If you have guns around, Train kids to leave them alone. The NRA has had programs in schools along these lines...

You tell em and tell em and it still ends in tragedy. I'd say jail the mother even though the guilt alone is punishment enough ... if she loves her kids.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you have guns around, Train kids to leave them alone. The NRA has had programs in schools along these lines...
    Worked for me and my brother. We were little gun nuts (and good at getting into locked containers; what boy isn't?), so all it took was "touch these without permission and lose all gun privileges, forever."

Top Bottom