Teen Killed In Freak Accident

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by TxEMTP69, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    http://www.kristv.com/news/teen-killed-in-freak-accident/

CORPUS CHRISTI - A 17-year old girl was killed after her car was broadsided by a pickup on Northwest Boulevard late Saturday night.
    According to police, the teen was pulling off of East River View Drive when she crossed into the path of the Chevy Silverado.
    Two tow hooks on the front end of the truck pierced the girl's driver side door and impaled her left thigh.
    When the two vehicles pulled apart from the collision the girl and the door were ripped right out of the vehicle.
    Officers found the girl in the middle of Northwest Boulevard, at the time she was barely breathing.
    She was taken to Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital where she later died from her injuries.
    The 19-year old man driving the truck was understandably shaken up, but not seriously injured.
    Police say the accident was not his fault.

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

Holy carp!

3. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Good Lord. I can't imagine what that kid that pulled his truck back thought when it happened (nor the family and friends of the girl)

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Damn

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Dam!

6. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Damn, made me wonder if I should remove the tow hooks from my truck.

7. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Geez, that's right around the corner from my parents. Someone ran the light late and it didn't work out this time. Sad. Wonder who it was? Looks like high schoolers.