• easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    easy rider,

Fwiw, an old comrade of mine who is a retired USDM says that many of the "antifas" thugs wear masks because they have outstanding criminal warrants for their arrests for crimes that they previously committed, as well as crimes that they intend to commit.

I certainly wouldn't doubt that.

That's why several of the 50 States have laws that FORBID adults wearing masks in public. These are laws, that collectively are called: ANTI-Klan Laws.

yours, satx

If only they would enforce that law, although I understand that they're usually scattered among all the other protesters.
    Guns International

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I don't particularly like that some law enforcement officers also have masked faces sometimes! This smacks of a totalitarian regime.

LOCKHART,

Having spent nearly 3 decades "pinned to a badge", I can tell you that the ONLY reason that LEO in the USA are masked is to protect officers & their loved ones, who routinely work "undercover" (mostly in organized crime investigations), from being identified by the criminals that they are actively investigating.

Fyi, while I seldom worked "undercover" during my years as a LEO, there were a few times that my ex-wife's life was threatened if I testified against a major drug dealer.
    (The USMS took 2 of those threats so seriously that Margaret was "removed from the jurisdiction", until after the 2 trials, to her aunt's home in another State.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

More than a dozen States have Anti-KKK laws that forbid adults wearing masks in public.

Four of those States, where I once worked, which have those laws are: AL, GA, MS & our beloved Texas.

Washington DC also has an Anti-Klan law that forbids adults wearing masks in DC, though the MPD seldom enforces that local ordinance.
    (The DC ordinance was passed after the last massive Ku Klux Klan Rally in DC in 1926, when over 200.000 masked/robed/armed KKK-IDIOTS "marched on the US Congress".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Guess DC selectively enforces that law. Don't think they would arrest any of the antifa crowd.

LOCKHART,

100% CORRECT. = DC's city government is WELL-KNOWN for enforcing what seem to be 2 sets of laws: A very permissive procedure for the ELITES/LEFTISTS & another very different sort of "selective enforcement" for us "nobodies".

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Lockhart,

During the last big National Tea Party rally in DC, MANY legally parked private vehicles were "impounded by MPD" for various spurious reasons.
    ONE of those vehicles that were towed was my 1984 MB 300D, which had magnetic signs on front/back/both sides that said, "PARADE MARSHAL" & "FIRST AID VEHICLE" in 6" tall letters.
    (Despite the fact that there was a signed permit from the Chief of DC MPD on the dashboard AND my car was parked in "the MPD-designated space", it was nonetheless impounded/ towed.)

In each case, the many LEGALLY PARKED car/truck owners were fined 150.oo plus 55.00 "court costs", a 180.oo impound fee & a towing charge from DC's "in-house towing company" was accessed in every case.
    (In the aftermath of the TP Rally, it was estimated that the DC government NETTED over 300,000.oo profit from ticketing/impounding LEGALLY PARKED POVs.)
    yours, satx

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Lockhart,

During the last big National Tea Party rally in DC, MANY legally parked private vehicles were "impounded by MPD" for various spurious reasons.
    ONE of those vehicles that were towed was my 1984 MB 300D, which had magnetic signs on front/back/both sides that said, "PARADE MARSHAL" & "FIRST AID VEHICLE" in 6" tall letters.
    (Despite the fact that there was a signed permit from the Chief of DC MPD on the dashboard AND my car was parked in "the MPD-designated space", it was nonetheless impounded/ towed.)

In each case, the many LEGALLY PARKED car/truck owners were fined 150.oo plus 55.00 "court costs", a 180.oo impound fee & a towing charge from DC's "in-house towing company" was accessed in every case.
    (In the aftermath of the TP Rally, it was estimated that the DC government NETTED over 300,000.oo profit from ticketing/impounding LEGALLY PARKED POVs.)
    yours, satx
    That pretty much sucks!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    That pretty much sucks!

Charlie,

JUST "pretty much"??
    (Fwiw, the members of the TP were "pre-warned" by the DC Mayor's "spokeswoman" that, "People of your sort are NOT welcome in our city.")

In several reported cases, TP members were "denied service" at DC hotels/motels/stores/cafes/coffee shops.
    (We mostly went to Northern VA to sleep/eat/shop after the first few reports. - One wonders how many MILLIONS of dollars that making us feel unwelcome cost those commercial businesses.)

Over 780,000 TP'ers registered at the Rally before we ran out of paper to sign-in upon. - Estimates of our crowd by the USPPD was well over a MILLION marchers.
    (The next day, THE WASHINGTON POST, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, PBS-TV & the other network "news outlets" stated that "a few thousand" Tea Party "extremists marched on Washington". = In which Universe is a MILLION PEOPLE PLUS, "a few thousand"??)

yours, satx

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, probably sucks a great deal more! I've only been to DC once (on a business trip many years ago) and was extremely happy to leave!
    I'm on the 'been there, done that' list myself along with places like New York City. It better be a very good reason for me to go back.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    DC is great for the Smithsonian, National Zoo, and Air and Space Museum (also Smithsonian), but the rest of it pretty much sucks. Probably sucks even more now than I remember because I haven't been there in 25 or 30 years except to fly into Dulles and head SW from there.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    AustinN4,

Fwiw, THE MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN INDIAN is worth spending several hours checking out the priceless relics.
    Also, the museum has a GOOD place to eat & rest with a cold beverage.

yours, satx

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    AustinN4,

Fwiw, THE MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN INDIAN is worth spending several hours checking out the priceless relics.
    Also, the museum has a GOOD place to eat & rest with a cold beverage.

yours, satx

Stayed at a B&B in New York a few years ago. The lady of the house's dad was the Chief of Indian Affairs under Nixon. She had some amazing stuff given to him by various Indian Chiefs over his tenure. A kind of mini-shrine of her dad's stuff.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    deemus,

FWIW, the Museum of the American Indian is somewhat different than other Smithsonian museums, in that the 300+ tribes own (and in many cases have loaned for varied periods) a majority of the priceless relics to the MAI.
    (The remainder of contents of museum displays are owned by the museum or are loaned, on a long-term basis by individual collectors & other museums, to the MAI.)

yours, satx

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom