• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • android

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Austin, TX
    20 bucks says the parents try to sue.

But they can't. So how far would it get if they tried. I assume they could get a lawyer to file a suit, but as soon as a judge saw it and saw that the shooting was declared self defense and no criminal charges were pressed, he would dismiss with prejudice, right?

Can it take a lot of lawyer expenses on the part of the defendant to nip this in the bud? Are there even any cases of somebody attempting a suit after the Castle Doctrine laws have been passed in TX?

Seems like you could immediately counter sue for frivolous lawsuit and expenses.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah I hear that.
    Is it 45, 44mag,9mm or 44spl.
    There is one of each in the same drawer.
    I guess I got two hands so 45 and 44 or 9mm & 45 or maybe 44 and 9mm - Oh hell wheres the 12ga!

I actually had that happen once. I was sitting at home, goofing off on my computer (such a rarity ) at around 10PM, when our roommate in the next room says "What the ****?" in a tone of voice that really got my attention. As I ran into the back of the house, I asked what was up (she was at the front of the house), and just about the time I'm reaching the bedroom and my guns, she answers that someone was just standing on the front porch in front of our door. At that point, I had a "which one, which one" moment... She'd indicated it was more than one person, so I thought I'd grab the AK and its 30 rounds of F-off, but it might be a neighbor or something, so I might want to grab the P220 so that I can hide it if it is...

Wound up grabbing the pistol, since I didn't hear anybody trying to boot the door. They were gone by the time I got there.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No matter what happens, you'll always find someone willing to cry over the "loss" of the miscreant(s).

Personally, I think the county should sue the homeowner.

He didn't kill all of 'em - now they gotta pay for their wound treatment AND their trials.

Oh - an' kick our door in.....announce yer preference - 12 gauge, 45 (mine) 44 mag (mine), 357 (hers), 38 (hers) or jest whatever else might be at hand. ;)

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I actually PITY the person that breaks in here. If I am home, no worries, rock-em-sock-em robots, 12ga goes to work...BUT....if wifey's home....she likes to get CREATIVE.....example.....

Out late with buddies playing softball right after we first moved in together, I was on the other side of DFW on my bike and a friend decided HE was going to call her and let her know I had too much to drink and was gonna crash on his sofa. As she knew said friend and his wife, no worries. Unbeknownst to me, who had ONLY had 1 beer after said softball game, and just hung out until 1am BS'ing, I get on my bike and "go home". I enter house...key scraping lock...NO porch light and dark as Hades, as I am walking past the kitchen...BOOM...lights out...I woke up in the car with a towel covering my face, made a strange gurgling sound and hear her..."I am SOOO sorry, you'll be ok, I'm sorry..." and my freaking face is on FIRE.

Turns out, when I was trying to find stupid key hole in the blasted dark, she was in the kitchen getting ice in a glass for a coke..she'd been up watching Zombie movies in the bedroom, which freak her out and make her a bit "twitchy". When she heard the "intruder"...she "armed" herself from the freezer...and as I rounded the corner (hafta walk past the kitchen to get to hall of bedrooms)....BOOM!

Ever been hit full on in the face with a frozen 5lb fryer? Turns out, knocked me smooth the hell out...chipped three teeth, broke my nose, and every so often a buddy will call and all your hear is..."Bwack-bak-bwack-bak...BACACK" - chicken noises, and they hang up.

I now use "Honey...I'm home..." when entering.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Ever since, I have enjoyed frying, baking, and grilling the old "yard bird"....gives me a kind of "retribution" stance on it...

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more of this. People are getting sick and tired of the crime. Car burglaries are way up. A few ventillated thieves tends to settle things down a bit.
    I believe the Castle Doctrine precludes lawsuits in such cases. It used to be everyone would sue just to get to the insurance company's money. If this happened at my house, I would claim the homeowners policy "just lapsed" just to keep the smell of blood out of the water (so to speak).

Top Bottom