• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    Just elected District Attorney for Harris County. In short, if you end if involved in a shooting she decided if your ass gets dragged into court or not. Assuming you are in Houston, you should care.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    According to Google: says she wont prosecute low level weed cases. Anti-gang. Not friend of LE. IMO, a good shoot is a good shoot. In Texas

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    As in 2008 - which netted us that maniac Kevin Fine - the Ds bussed a bunch of people to the polls to vote straight D, this time it cost us the DA's office and the Sheriff's Office - the SO is headed to an Adrian Garcia clone that's likely just as bad.

Eli

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I hunt with some LEOs from Harris County and they are extremely pissed off that Ogg won. Not too happy about the sheriff either. Hillary's "get out the vote" effort (essentially, scrape the bottom of the barrel for anyone you can drag to the polls and get to vote straight ticket) paid off for these candidates. Probably a few dead people voting as well. At her acceptance speech, Ogg stated that she wants 1) make weed offenses like a traffic ticket, 2) change the structure for bonds (essentially let low-lifes go without bond), and 3) take a hard look at county staff and make sure that only the ones who go along with her stay on the payroll.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Just elected District Attorney for Harris County. In short, if you end if involved in a shooting she decided if your ass gets dragged into court or not. Assuming you are in Houston, you should care.

I lived in Harris County in the 70's. No way I would go back. I can't imagine what's it's like now, politically or traffic wise. :green:

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    It's not lookin good. DA, Sheriff, judges....wheeew, here comes a big illegal sanctuary fight. Who knows about gun control. We'll see.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    well the county judge and most of the precinct chairmen are republicans so you don't have to worry about county gun control yet.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I really think she got elected solely for her "I will not imprison rape victims" promise.

That situation was complex but she managed to condense it into a simple sound bite.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Maybe...I think it was mostly straight ticket voters.

I mean hell, Grady Yarborough (D), a retired school teacher who has never done anything in the Railroad or Oil and Gas industries, had more votes than the Republican candidate for Railroad Commissioner here in Harris...a school teacher!! Lmao

Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    Quoting a friend today who is a Harris County deputy. "If you cannot say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

Top Bottom