• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    1 million seconds is 11 Days, 13 Hours, 46 Minutes and 40 seconds.

1 billion seconds (rounded to the nearest day) is 31 years, 8 months, 2 weeks and 2 days.

One TRILLION seconds (rounded to the nearest year) is 31,688 years.

According to those who add up lifetimes in the Bible to gauge the age of the universe, there haven't been a trillion seconds yet.

According to scientists - anthropologists, geologists, etc - a trillion seconds ago, humans lived in caves, hunted mammoths and occasionally fell prey to cave bears, saber-toothed cats and other large predators. We were just beginning to paint the walls deep within the caves we huddled for shelter at the mouths of. Nobody had figured out agriculture.

Now consider something like a trillion dollar "infractructure" bill, plus the 3.5 trillion dollar "social and environmental" bill, which the Democrats insist must be passed in conjunction with it.

Think about that. A total of $4.5 trillion. That's $4,500,000,000,000.00, written out in whole numbers.

What does 4.5 trillion come to in seconds? Oh, just 142,596 years, rounded to the nearest year.

What was going on 142,596 years ago?

Humans had just figured out the whole "clothing" concept.

The previous ice age had just ended, leading up to thousands of years of warmer temperatures before the most recent ice age began. (Great timing on figuring out clothes, early humans - right as the ice starts melting...)

Anthropologists tell us the earliest evidence of "modern" humans dates from around 140,000 years ago...and that humans still hadn't spread very far out of Africa. The earliest known intentional human burial dates to about 10,000 years later, in a cave in Israel.

My point is...a million is huge. Bigger than we can easily grasp. A billion is mind-bogglingly big. Human life expectancy is just over two and a half billion seconds.

A trillion...is a larger number than our minds can grasp. And Congress is throwing trillions around like pocket change.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    1 million seconds is 11 Days, 13 Hours, 46 Minutes and 40 seconds.

1 billion seconds (rounded to the nearest day) is 31 years, 8 months, 2 weeks and 2 days.

One TRILLION seconds (rounded to the nearest year) is 31,688 years.

According to those who add up lifetimes in the Bible to gauge the age of the universe, there haven't been a trillion seconds yet.

According to scientists - anthropologists, geologists, etc - a trillion seconds ago, humans lived in caves, hunted mammoths and occasionally fell prey to cave bears, saber-toothed cats and other large predators. We were just beginning to paint the walls deep within the caves we huddled for shelter at the mouths of. Nobody had figured out agriculture.

Now consider something like a trillion dollar "infractructure" bill, plus the 3.5 trillion dollar "social and environmental" bill, which the Democrats insist must be passed in conjunction with it.

Think about that. A total of $4.5 trillion. That's $4,500,000,000,000.00, written out in whole numbers.

What does 4.5 trillion come to in seconds? Oh, just 142,596 years, rounded to the nearest year.

What was going on 142,596 years ago?

Humans had just figured out the whole "clothing" concept.

The previous ice age had just ended, leading up to thousands of years of warmer temperatures before the most recent ice age began. (Great timing on figuring out clothes, early humans - right as the ice starts melting...)

Anthropologists tell us the earliest evidence of "modern" humans dates from around 140,000 years ago...and that humans still hadn't spread very far out of Africa. The earliest known intentional human burial dates to about 10,000 years later, in a cave in Israel.

My point is...a million is huge. Bigger than we can easily grasp. A billion is mind-bogglingly big. Human life expectancy is just over two and a half billion seconds.

A trillion...is a larger number than our minds can grasp. And Congress is throwing trillions around like pocket change.
    Thank you for this. I'm going to steal and reuse this. Did you write and calculate this? Or did you find this somewhere?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    8687ba1af898762a165050d395fedfae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Robert E Lee was married to George Washington's granddaughter. He worked with Grant during the Mexican-American war and became a decorated war hero defending this country. He believed slavery was a great evil and his wife broke the law by teaching slaves to read and write. After the civil war, he worked with Andrew Johnson's program of reconstruction. He became very popular with the northern states and the Barracks at West Point were named in his honor in 1962. He was a great man who served this country his entire life in some form or other. His memorial is now being called a blight. No American military veteran should be treated as such. People keep yelling, "You can't change history." Sadly you can. This is no better than book burnings. ISIS tried rewriting history by destroying historical artifacts. Is that really who we want to emulate? As they tear down this "blight," keep these few historical facts in your mind. No military veteran and highly decorated war hero should ever be treated as such. This is not Iraq and that is not a statue of Sadam.

IN ADDITION: Lee was also very torn about the prospect of the South leaving the Union. His wife's grandfather, George Washington, was a huge influence on him. He believed that ultimately, states' rights trumped the federal government and chose to lead the Southern army. His estate, Arlington, near Washington DC, was his home and while away fighting the war, the federal government demanded that Lee himself pay his taxes in person. He sent his wife but the money was not accepted from a woman. When he could not pay the taxes, the government began burying dead Union soldiers on his land. The government is still burying people there today. It is now called Arlington National Cemetery .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    No not kidding. I'm going to steal it, just wondering if I needed to give you credit.

It puts some amazing perspective on things.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Every word written is mine, but all the info is readily available, and in more detail than I chose to put down. Feel free - more people need to get a grasp on just how much money is being thrown around, wasted, and billed to future generations.

Top Bottom