• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    The Drifters #4 hit from the summer of 1964, "Under The Boardwalk" had two versions. The 45 rpm version, played on AM radio & juke boxes, had a recurring line in the chorus "We'll be falling in love", while the album stereo version used the much more risqué "We'll be making love" in the final chorus.
    Guns International

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    And they'll put chocolate in the chili. :(

6069f48092d512f6b1eb535b473f31e0.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    6069f48092d512f6b1eb535b473f31e0.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I shouldn't mention the way yankees stuff their Thanksgiving turkeys, with white bread and walnuts? When we did Thanksgiving in Maine and I was in charge of the turkey and dressing, the cornbread dressing I made was something of a sensation and was met with amazement (although there was a complaint that it didn't have any walnuts in it).

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    So I shouldn't mention the way yankees stuff their Thanksgiving turkeys, with white bread and walnuts? When we did Thanksgiving in Maine and I was in charge of the turkey and dressing, the cornbread dressing I made was something of a sensation and was met with amazement (although there was a complaint that it didn't have any walnuts in it).
    Hey!

Yinz a makin' fun o us? DO IT RIGHT!

Its DAMMYANKEES! :roflfunny: (sheeeeeesh...seems once a week I needz reminD yinZ!) :green:

Here? We either make em on the grill...(my favorite & corn bread stuffin' is the ticket) wrapped in BACON!

Or? In the deep fryer! (bake up the stuffin' in the oven fer this)

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Hey!

Yinz a makin' fun o us? DO IT RIGHT!

Its DAMMYANKEES! :roflfunny: (sheeeeeesh...seems once a week I needz reminD yinZ!) :green:

Here? We either make em on the grill...(my favorite & corn bread stuffin' is the ticket) wrapped in BACON!

Or? In the deep fryer! (bake up the stuffin' in the oven fer this)

Eh, pipe down. I'm talkin' about Mainers and Massholes here. I dunno what you folks in Pennsylvania do...but you probably do it wrong anyway!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Big Joe Turner's 1954 hit "Shake, Rattle, & Roll" utilized a three-line verse that took notice of a woman's see-thru dress: "Way you wear those dresses, the sun comes shinin' through. Way you wear those dresses, the sun comes shinin' through. I can't believe my eyes, all that mess belongs to you".
    However, Bill Haley's 1956 cover found that verbiage too risqué for his white bread audience & changed the line to "Wearing those dresses, your hair done up so nice. Wearing those dresses, your hair done up so nice. You look so warm, but your heart is cold as ice. You look so warm, but your heart is cold as ice.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Pre- Baby Boomers & older Boomers should be embarrassed at this:
    Larry Verne's 1960, #1 hit "Mr. Custer, also made the top 10 on the R&B charts.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom