• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It wasn't attached, but while on a photo shoot an XB-70 and an F-104 collided. The F-104 flipped into the XB-70 after getting into its vortex and both aircraft went down in the Mojave not too far from Barstow. I've ridden past/through the crash site on my dirt bike... there are a surprising number of crash sites out there being so close to Edwards AFB (which is named after Capt G. Edwards, who died in a XB-49 crash, the site of which I have also ridden through)

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Here's a pretty decent overview of the crash. While this video doesn't offer explanations, I've read in multiple accounts that it was because the F-104 strayed into the Valkyrie's wingtip vortex as you mentioned. Some say the pilot of the 104 had trouble judging his distance because of the sheer size of the XB-70.

Target Sports

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    John Hanson was actually the first president of The United States... Well, kind of..., and there were seven others before George Washington...

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    John Hanson was actually the first president of The United States... Well, kind of..., and there were seven others before George Washington...

In retrospect, that was a far better governmental system.....

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    1672857772464.png

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Trying to buying beer at age 20 During the school year, using an exact o knife, I had swapped 2 numbers on my cardboard TX DL to make my DOB that of a 21 year old. One little dot of glue per changed number - it was perfect -even when inspected with a back light. That summer, I worked on a combine crew & several times, got caught in a downpour, requiring that I tarp a truck full of Milo in the rain. My billfold & I were soaked more'n once that summer. Back at college that fall, I attempted to purchase beer at a stop-&-rob & the clerk, seeing the obvious fraud in the id, flicked the number off the DL with his fingernail. Heart-breaker.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    (for the youngsters) The movie dialog line "Feed me Seymour", made almost famous by Bill Murray in the movie "Scrooged", did not originate in that movie.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Trying to buying beer at age 20 During the school year, using an exact o knife, I had swapped 2 numbers on my cardboard TX DL to make my DOB that of a 21 year old. One little dot of glue per changed number - it was perfect -even when inspected with a back light. That summer, I worked on a combine crew & several times, got caught in a downpour, requiring that I tarp a truck full of Milo in the rain. My billfold & I were soaked more'n once that summer. Back at college that fall, I attempted to purchase beer at a stop-&-rob & the clerk, seeing the obvious fraud in the id, flicked the number off the DL with his fingernail. Heart-breaker.
    The secret was to laminate it.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You're younger than I thought you were.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    When /where I was growing up, the age to buy beer was 18
    Texas reduced the legal age to 18, effective Sept. 1, 1973... My birthday being on the 12th, I had to continue obtaining drink as normal for the previous few years for a few more days...

I dunno, may have been Aug. 31st...

Considering I had just started my freshman year at A&M, it didn't help...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom