• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    So does anyone schedule anymore range days? I saw a couple of posts in 2015 and 2016 to meet at Shiny Top Ranch. (Did I spell that right?). Are there any active guys from Killeen, Belton, Temple or the surrounding areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am close enough, as are many. Schedule something and see how it goes.

BTW, I have never been to Shiny Top but would go. TSSR in Coperas Cove is very nice.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I live in Salado and usually go to Shiny Top fairly often. I've had a dry spell over the last few months. Not too many folks that I know of shoot together here though. I usually go on a Saturday or Sunday.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    OP, that would probably be me. Yes, I still do try to get a range day together. Unfortunately I don't get many weekends off, so not many can make them. If you want to go shooting on a tuesday or wednesday, let me know. If I have nothingbelse I have to do I am usually more than willing to go.
    Curtently planning on a weekend in June. Either the 17th-18th or the 24th-25th.
    I live in Harker Heights.
    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Z0Tex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I'm in Temple and usually spend my range time at Hawkeye Academy's indoor range. Extra range time has been hard to come by recently because of my 3-month old daughter.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I'm in Temple and usually spend my range time at Hawkeye Academy's indoor range. Extra range time has been hard to come by recently because of my 3-month old daughter.

I also live in Temple and go to Hawkeye to work with my pistol. I understand the responsibilities of being a daddy to a 3 month old baby. My boy is 11 now, but I remember those days. Enjoy every moment, it flies by and once It is gone (time) there is no getting it back. If you get a break and want to shoot some time give me a shout.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I am close enough, as are many. Schedule something and see how it goes.

BTW, I have never been to Shiny Top but would go. TSSR in Coperas Cove is very nice.

Is TSSR the long distance range? Ive heard some good feedback about a long range in Cove.l, but can't recall the name.
    I've recently finished my DMR build (.308) and am looking to get past 300-350 yard range which is the range limitation on the land where I train. Cove is a bit of a drive, but doable.

What long gun capability does Shiny Top have?

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Shiny Top is only about 85 yards. The only one I know of past 100 yards is Best Of The West in Luberty Hill.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Is TSSR the long distance range? Ive heard some good feedback about a long range in Cove.l, but can't recall the name.
    I've recently finished my DMR build (.308) and am looking to get past 300-350 yard range which is the range limitation on the land where I train. Cove is a bit of a drive, but doable.

What long gun capability does Shiny Top have?

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

TSSR is only 100 yards right now. They want to expand but don't hold your breath.

Hicksville in Gatesville is 100 yards also. They closed down their long range a few years back.

Like JRB said, BOTW in Liberty Hill goes to 1000 yards, as does ETTS (1200 yards) north of you just south of the Dallas area. Both are nice ranges.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm available on the weekends if you want to go shooting as I live 10 minutes from Shiny Top. If you can't make it when Jrb is off, I'm usually around on the weekends, I do need some range time, its been awhile and I need to get the Sig 716 back out there again.

Top Bottom