• ...and so much more!
  • Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Of all the vehicles I have owned or had Direct experience with, the most unreliable ones for always German. But people love to talk about German reliability LMAO

I can't wait to see the new Alpha on the street. They look awesome on the computer and I bet they will look even sexier in person.

I get what you're saying about the enthusiasm. But I also agree that sometimes they just need to shut the **** up. The level of annoyance of the salesman has often been enough to sway my decision or to drive me to another dealership. At the very minimum it'll make me come back on a different day to get a different salesman LOL

On a somewhat related subject, the last time I had a female salesman it was when I was test driving the new at the time C6
    Z06. My initial reaction was pure disgust LOL, but we started talking and I found out she is an avid amateur racer and also an instructor for scca. She picked up the pace and took me on these back roads that I never knew about it and it was a blast. She was really trying hard to sell that car. She eventually pulled over and offered to switch seats. After the first launch and 1-2 no-lift power shift (part of the Z06 launch control) I was sold. I ordered through her. Probably the best dealership experience I ever had.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The Italians cannot build a reliable car. A sexy looking one? Sure, but one that actually starts and doesn't break down just won't happen. The only rental vehicle I have ever had crap out on me was a Italian car.

And having owned and driven numerous German cars (VWs, BMWs, Audis, Mercedes and even an Opel), they are reliable but just expensive to maintain and repair. I am currently driving an A6 TDI wagon that is cruise missile and is getting anywhere between 33-39 MPG. That is at speeds between 180-220 km/h (yes, I am currently outside the US).

For the 'pleasure to drive' factor I would take a German car over an American one any day of the week (with the only exception being a Jeep Wrangler, and even then it has to be pre-JK); but for 'inexpensive and reliable transportation' the choice has to be Japanese with Korea closing quickly.

Oh, and French cars are shit too!

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Indian? WTF!!? I don't track things I can't afford. :(

Dan, I noticed your 13,333 post count. I bet a hunert you can't hold that for a week. ;)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Indian? WTF!!? I don't track things I can't afford.
    lol yeah... An India auto manufacturer owns Jaguar and Land Rover. Royal Enfield is Indian as well. Kinda ironic...

Mini has gotten better since they've been German, too.

Dan, I noticed your 13,333 post count. I bet a hunert you can't hold that for a week. ;)
    I would not take that bet.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Motortrend have come to essentially the same conclusions as I have.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/alfa...us-is-200t-infiniti-q50-volvo-s60-comparison/
    [FONT]On the other end of the spectrum is the Alfa. It was the nearly unanimous driver’s favorite, simultaneously a marvelous car to drive fast and still a comfortable commuter. The steering is quick, responsive, and talkative. The chassis responds perfectly to every input while muting every bump. More than any car here, it put the sport in sport sedan without suffering a jarring ride as a trade-off.[/FONT]

Top Bottom