Join TexasGunTalk

Testosterone problems

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Indisputabull, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TAZ

TAZ Well-Known

Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    My grandparents got by without penicillin, vaccinations against most common diseases now dead, drinking vodka, beer, wine and anything but the water and smoking unfiltered cigarettes. Granted only 1 lived past 70.

The question isn’t what our grandparents did, but whether what we are doing is good or bad for us. If you’re taking T as a gimmick or cause some quack wants to milk your copay. BAD. If the long term effects are worse than the gains then BAD. If you’re taking it cause you have an actual deficiency that is causing negative effects like weight gain, soft tissue damage... then GOOD.

Fosty likes this.
  2. Fosty

Fosty Active Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    We're consuming too much soy, jacking off too much, sitting in front of screens, stressing about work, all kinds of shit to turn us into customers for their drug market (which I've read will just make you dependent on the drugs) and docile slaves which are easy to control.

3. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    LOL
    Nobody can make you do it but YOU

I spent 10 years being way overweight and just got tired of it one day and made some changes
    Took off 90 lbs and started working out and eating smarter
    I would not go back now for anything

Good luck bro
    I wish you the best

sidebite252, orbitup and ZX9RCAM like this.
  4. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    But he isnt condoning buying illegal drugs off the street and injecting them into your body is he?

5. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    I'm envious. I can't ever make that working out thing stick.

vmax likes this.
  6. dsgrey

dsgrey Active Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Same thoughts here. Mine are are low and barely within normal range. My boss was a personal trainer, still works out and over 50 when his doctor said his numbers were similar. He now gets shots and claims he's not as tired, has more clarity and feels much younger (didn't ask him about sex drive). I've read similar research regarding how shots will shutdown whatever level your body was producing so I've steered clear.

I'm diabetic too and there are some diabetes medications with the same side effect of shutting down a process the body can still perform. Also have an abdominal artery stenosis that causes leg pain if I don't walk enough. The fix is a stent which might last 10+ years and then it would be a bypass which might last 10+ years before exhausting options. Those that have gone the route state they wish they would have waited until they were "old" since they've used all their options. Also have a cardiac stent which I received 8 years ago but now the doctors would recommend NOT using that fix.

I may change my mind at some point but I still consider myself too young (over 50) for a medical option that may create larger issues down the road related to testosterone, diabetes or my stenosis.

7. Gunny P

Gunny P New Member

Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    consult with an endocrinologist to get your prescribtion etc. Low level is very common more than we think. It affects even some folks in their late 20s. Low level can be caused by many factors. As a man if you are waking up without morning wood, you might want to check your level. Also there is a big diference between Body builder's dose and therapeutical dose. Therapeuticaly you are prescribed mostly cypionate im,while bodybuilders use dex, test E, test P, Equipose, Tren, Primobolan etc, depending on what they want to achieve.
    We are living with a different stress level than our fore fathers, so in a nut shell, if your level is low get help. Gym, Endocrinologist or both....
    Our fore fathers went to war with musket etc, why are we now using AR with optics & suppressors on it ?

oldag likes this.
  8. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Well-Known

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth
    Well they only lived to be 60 or 65 (If you mean our grandparents) and they also worked out in nature a lot more than most of us.. Their metabolisms were different than us. They ATE different things than we did.

There are a lot of factors as to why men now have lower testosterone than ever before. A lot of it has to do with our habits and diet.

I'll probably start taking T injections in the next 5 years. It's not about how long you live, but the quality of your life and body while you live it.

vmax likes this.
  9. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Well-Known

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    My grandparents also didn't drink water stored in plastics containing xenoestrogen compounds... or worse yet, food packaged and heated in plastics containing them (heating releases more of the compounds)

Or have food additives that contain xenoestrogens at these levels...
    • Bisphenol A (BPA) – canned foods, plastic bottles, fast food, dental sealants, baby bottles, jar lids, children’s toys, microwave containers.
    • Parabens – cosmetics (e.g. deodorants), food (deserts, jams, frozen yogurt), beverages (beer), pharmaceuticals.
    • Phthalates – solvents, shampoos, soap, hair care products, laundry detergents.
    • Erythrosine Red No.3 – Nope this isn’t a shade of lipstick favored by hookers. It’s a food preservative used to color jams, cherries, seasonings, and baked goods.
    • BHA and BHT – used widely in the food industry as preservatives. Both butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) are phenolic compounds used to preserve fats in fast foods and add color and flavor. They’re used in products such as baked goods, snack foods, chewing gum, cosmetics, and petroleum-based products.

The high levels in products could also help explain why younger men (who have been exposed to more of it) are more frequently "feminized" than older men.

Over the years, the standard range of what is considered "normal" testosterone levels has been revised- lower. The medical industry is doing this because they consider this the "new normal"? what if there are environmental factors that should be addressed/counteracted?

pronstar and Darkpriest667 like this.
  10. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 Well-Known

Simplest advise my (honest) doc gave me.....

Don't spent money on supplements, T-Boosters, vitamins, herbs snake oil products.
    Spent money on tennis shoes and get out and walk with your wife.

So much pseudo-science is the nutrition/supplement/toxin-cleanse/hormone industry.

Get out in the clean air and sunshine.

Low T is probably mostly nonsense.
    If the advice contains the word toxin or cleanse run fast and run far.
    Read the fine print on nutritional products that clearly say they have been shown to do nothing!

We evolved to be moving.
    Move!!!