Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

V-Tach

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Sep 30, 2012
Texas
They don't represent all LEO's or Instructors.....it was a pretty small group of LEO's from major Urban Cities.....

and a couple of so called instructors...one of which had NRA emblazoned across his shirt.........we should call the NRA and ask them if he was representing their view.......

I'd bet they wouldn't be happy about it...

Last edited:

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
I thought this was an interesting article:

I can't see the problem. LE officers can't even ask to see your carry permit if they see you openly carrying, unless you have committed some criminal infraction.

This would be akin to more of the "sky is falling" mentality, just like years ago when concealed carry was passed, and people were screaming about the "streets would be running red with blood" if the law passed.

Hmmm.....never did happen that I can recall.

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
I can't see the problem. LE officers can't even ask to see your carry permit if they see you openly carrying, unless you have committed some criminal infraction.

This would be akin to more of the "sky is falling" mentality, just like years ago when concealed carry was passed, and people were screaming about the "streets would be running red with blood" if the law passed.

Hmmm.....never did happen that I can recall.
According to one of our members in San Antonio a cop will stop and id anyone they see open carrying. Illegal as hell to do it without probable cause of a crime but he says that’s what they do.
We need constitutional carry now more than ever.

Reactions: gll

Armybrat

Feb 27, 2009
Somebody should tell those Cops & instructors that no eligible citizen should be required to have a permit to carry openly or concealed (much less pay for one) any more than they should have to do the same in order to speak about the issue.

They are ignoring the multitude of restrictions of firearms use already placed on legitimate gun owners everywhere.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads