Hurley's Gold

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    According to one of our members in San Antonio a cop will stop and id anyone they see open carrying. Illegal as hell to do it without probable cause of a crime but he says that’s what they do.
    We need constitutional carry now more than ever.

I remember that discussion and the member making that assertion. He was proven wrong about that scenario, as well as he's been proven wrong about many things he posts. But he's a great story teller!
    Guns International

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    I stayed up late last night at the Texas State Capitol House Homeland Security Committee hearing. We didn’t finish till early early thus morning.

The Hotel carry bull passed out of committee going to house floor.

Rep Biederman’s HB 1289 Constitutional carry Bill has just passed out of committee and will be going to the house floor!

can anyone say YEAH!
    Do you mean HB 1238?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Saw another 'news' cycle about it tonite. Put on the pressure guys, last chance. Of the 22 other states with CC or equal, NO TRAINING REQUIREMENT ! Look it up, stuff it down their throats.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    ScreenShot_20210415190614.png

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Uh. per TLO that is water quality bill.
    HB1238?
    text. Not exactly what I would say is CC.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Some schools do, but I think it is an elective course, rather than a club... My San Antonio high school had, and still has, Army ROTC.

In the early '70s my issue weapon was an M-14, drill team got Garands. Imagine bouncing Garands off asphalt today... I'd cry, lol!

gll.

Back in The Dark Ages when I was a NDCC cadet in a TX boarding school, I was issued a REBUILT by RRAD M1 Garand for drill team competitions. - It makes me ILL (now) to think about how many times that that Garand "got bounced off the concrete" when I was learning how to SPIN & THROW rifles for some of the FANCY DRILLS.

My "competition Garand" was an UNISSUED Garand, serial number 77036.
    (YES, all these long years later I still remember "my" serial number.)

Incidentally, our school PAID the princely sum of ONE DOLLAR each for Garand & '03 Springfield rifles & 65 cents each for WWI-era Model of 1917 rifles, circa 1955.
    (Long after I graduated from the academy, circa 1975-80, the school GAVE AWAY all the Model of 1917 rifles to graduating cadets, IF a graduate actually WANTED one as a "souvenir".)

ADDENDA: We drill team members had so little "unscheduled time" that we practiced for drill team at 0300-0500 each morning, except Sunday..
    (We team members informally called ourselves, "THE DARK NIGHTS" & wore "identifying bands" of black grosgrain ribbon on our "dress uniform" epaulets. - Our drill team was FORMALLY known as the "BLACK BEARS" & as there was only 26 of us out of the Cadet Corps, our "elitist" attitude "gave new meaning to" the word: ARROGANT. = Looking back nearly 6 decades, at 74yo, I have to CHUCKLE.)
    Bayonets were SHEATHED for practice but we used BARE BLADES in competitions. = I cannot remember anybody getting "stuck", btw.
    (Can any of you imagine a school allowing throwing rifles with bayonets with BARE BLADES in 2021??)

yours, satx

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We had white plastic drill "rifles" in JROTC. Think they were supposed to be 1903 replicas. The white plastic was all dingy and yellowed from years of use, but I soaked mine in bleach for a couple days and scrubbed the hell out of it. I had the whitest one :laughing:

Top Bottom