Capitol Armory ad

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Glad to be helpful!
    1618938819169.png

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    So, I'm assuming Dan Patrick is holding the bill because he wants everyone to be on the same page so the bill can pass, or he could be against the bill himself. We will see if Texas Republicans live up to the "2nd Amendment Sanctuary" hype they have been promoting...

Would be very embarrassing for Texas if we do not get this bill passed. Come on Texas, the time is now.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    From TSRA email today:

Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was finally PASSED in the house and we are thrilled! This is the bill on Constitutional Carry.

The bill is in the Senate's hands now.

What I need you to do is call your Senator and let them know you are in full support of this bill and that you would like their support on it as well! You can use the "Who Represents Me " button at the bottom of this email to find out who is your Senator is, if you don't know.

THEN, I need you to call Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick's office and share with him your support for this bill. (512) 463-0001 is the number to call. Also, you can send your written comments at this link https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/contact/contact-general/

In order to get this bill to the floor, I need all of our supporters to do this as soon as you can.

I know you all will be the Texans I know and love--polite and charming.
    We definitely will catch more flies with honey that way.

Thank you!!!!!!
    --------------

Andi Turner
    Legislative Director
    TSRA

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    From TSRA email today:

Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was finally PASSED in the house and we are thrilled! This is the bill on Constitutional Carry.

The bill is in the Senate's hands now.

What I need you to do is call your Senator and let them know you are in full support of this bill and that you would like their support on it as well! You can use the "Who Represents Me " button at the bottom of this email to find out who is your Senator is, if you don't know.

THEN, I need you to call Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick's office and share with him your support for this bill. (512) 463-0001 is the number to call. Also, you can send your written comments at this link https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/contact/contact-general/

In order to get this bill to the floor, I need all of our supporters to do this as soon as you can.

I know you all will be the Texans I know and love--polite and charming.
    We definitely will catch more flies with honey that way.

Thank you!!!!!!
    --------------

Andi Turner
    Legislative Director
    TSRA

Done.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I called all 18 republican Senators this morning in reference to HB1927.

15 are in full support of this bill.

3 Senators are Undecided.

Paul Bettencourt, Joan Huffman, and Kel Seliger.

All three of those would pass the bill if certain changes were made. I don’t know what they want to change. However they do support some form of permitless constitutional carry.

We can afford to loose two Senators and have a 16-15 vote. So we need at least one of those three to commit.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    So, I'm assuming Dan Patrick is holding the bill because he wants everyone to be on the same page so the bill can pass, or he could be against the bill himself. We will see if Texas Republicans live up to the "2nd Amendment Sanctuary" hype they have been promoting...

Would be very embarrassing for Texas if we do not get this bill passed. Come on Texas, the time is now.

Dan Patrick is for Permitless carry, he just wants some changes to the current bill. This bill includes many changes beyond simple permitless carry that he doesn’t like. It also eliminates or reduces some “gun free” zones, as well as has issues with the 30.06/07 signs.

The bill also has to go through Senate State Affairs.Senator Hughes will hear the bill if it makes it to his committee. However Patrick isn’t referring the bill yet. That’s part of the problem.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I think I read somewhere last week, that if it passed and got to his desk, Abbott would sign it into law. I hope that's correct.
    That is what Fluffy Abbott said last session. He no doubt needs to be reminded of his own words. He may think words have expiration dates.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    It also eliminates or reduces some “gun free” zones
    Good idea, not a problem anywhere anyway. I'd say hosp off limits, Gov. buildings allowed. School laws are for prosecution anyway, just like no CC.
    Gun laws of old 'west' were for prosecution only. Disarm or get arrested. Resist arrest and get shot (dead). Hmm, not a bad idea?

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    Dan Patrick is for Permitless carry, he just wants some changes to the current bill. This bill includes many changes beyond simple permitless carry that he doesn’t like. It also eliminates or reduces some “gun free” zones, as well as has issues with the 30.06/07 signs.

The bill also has to go through Senate State Affairs.Senator Hughes will hear the bill if it makes it to his committee. However Patrick isn’t referring the bill yet. That’s part of the problem.
    Gotcha

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    Well.... They do make a good point. As for me, I don't care much for knowing that just any ole' dumbass can open carry, especially where my family is involved. In this day and age it is only logical that everyone have education and training. I am licensed and have always been "a responsible gun owner" Pass this bill and there will be alot of "irresponsible gun toting fools in public".. NO THANKS.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well.... They do make a good point. As for me, I don't care much for knowing that just any ole' dumbass can open carry, especially where my family is involved. In this day and age it is only logical that everyone have education and training. I am licensed and have always been "a responsible gun owner" Pass this bill and there will be alot of "irresponsible gun toting fools in public".. NO THANKS.

Why open carry specifically? Is it different somehow if you can see the gun?

Aside from that, the LTC class is not training in anyway. Dumbasses go in and come out all the same. It’s not a safety class, it’s not a marksmanship class, and it’s rare for anyone to actually fail..most instructors “make sure you pass”.

Also, as of now people can carry unlicensed all over the place in their vehicles. They can also walk around with rifles and shotguns.

I’m also licensed and intend to keep it, but there is no reason or evidence to believe constitutional carry will cause any new problems.

People have the right to a means of defense without jumping through state mandated hoops and paying a self defense tax.

FWIW, my CHL (wasn’t LTC at the time) cost me about $400 when accounting for cost of permit to state, cost of class, and cost of taking off work to get fingerprints done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom